The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 468 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

The problem is, no one wants the job. Schiano is the most hated coach in college football. Everyone knows he is a jerk who treats everyone like garbage. And he mettles with his OCs, as if his tiny caveman like brain can fathom things like strategy, play calling, downs and distance.

It is a shame because Rutgers is loaded with players rated as good as Penn State, OSU and Michigan. My main man Brian Dohn is all over this.
You tell no lies

Willie Tyler was mentioned on the radio today. I decided to find out where he went after committing, then decommitting from us. He's at Rutgers. It's part of "God's Plan":

If God's plan sent you to Rutgers...
This is my favorite part of the article

"The offensive tackle, who brings strong experience from previous stops at Texas, Syracuse and Louisiana-Monroe"..

Willie Tyler was mentioned on the radio today. I decided to find out where he went after committing, then decommitting from us. He's at Rutgers. It's part of "God's Plan":

If God's plan sent you to Rutgers...
Offering Tyler the benefit if the doubt, this is mission level work, converting the people to another belief. In this instance, the first part of the mission is converting Rutgers fans from belief that Schiano is not God, not a football god, nor a football guru. I mean that Schiano is no answer to any foot all question regarding winns and improvement. Thus, this truly is God's plan as no sane person would take on this mission without God calling him.

Second, the mission is to introduce real football to football starved college Fandom. Seriously, North Jersey has not seen good football since 1869 when Rutgers split the national championship with Princeton in a glorified soccer game.

I want Rutgers to show a little progress every year so Schiano doesn't get fired right away, which allows SU to get firmly entrenched with their recruiting in New Jersey.
Schiano has 5 years left on his 8 year contract. He can afford to wait 2 or 3 more years before showing any progress. No need to rush things.

Yeah, I’d prefer to see them remain in the 4-5 win purgatory range for the duration of his career there.

Soooo close, and yet so far.
That is good for them, isn't it? Their peak was mediocrity. 5 wins per year (on a good year) with an outside chance at being invited to a bowl, so long as they keep their academics in good standing, sounds about right.

7D30D730-822D-4000-99A9-5D7ED8DBA16F.jpeg

Keep Chopping!

NoT surE wHy it'S so HARd to get PlaYerS to Go tO RutgErs, I meaN, wHo Doesn't waNt to Play for An eGoManIacaL neAdertHal.

Maybe the kid realized that the four and five stars the potential teammates were rated was not their ranking but the number of stars (and birds) circling their heads they get from playing under Shady.

Happy to have the kid in Orange.

According to their "insider" over there, Shady turned Bellemy down because he and Gould were a package deal and Shady didn't want Gould because of his injury history or some such nonsense.
At some point they have to realize they’re making themselves look stupid with this take, right? No matter how badly Rutgers wants a player if he commits to us it’s because out of nowhere Rutgers didn’t want him anymore lol.