The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 498 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Last top 25 win for Rutturds - 2009. They have suffered 40 straight losses to top 25 teams.

Their greatest coach of all time is still looking for his first top 25 win in his second go around, 4 years in. Fran...yeah...he is 1-0.

And to be completely honest I should feel bad for that fanbase, as it must be difficult for them to remember the events of a game 15 years ago!

As for me? The memmory of the last time I watched Syracuse beat a top 25 team is very, very fresh... like from yesterday, and I hope they continue to be the punching bag of a school, administration, and football team as they always have been.

My Rutty friend sends me a screenshot of him watching the Cuse/GT game yesterday.

(Rutgers was on at the same time)...
Rutgers plays the cup-cakiest teams in OOC games, run up scores and thump their chests...until they play their conference games. Then they tuck their tails between their legs and make excuses for the meat-headed, unimaginative and most mediocre of coaches they could find.

They broke the bank for Shady and cannot afford to get rid of him. If they get 6 wins, he will demand an extension (one can hope).

Rutgers plays the cup-cakiest teams in OOC games, run up scores and thump their chests...until they play their conference games. Then they tuck their tails between their legs and make excuses for the meat-headed, unimaginative and most mediocre of coaches they could find.

They broke the bank for Shady and cannot afford to get rid of him. If they get 6 wins, he will demand an extension (one can hope).

I know. Part of my taxes helped pay his salary instead of professors. Lol.

They won 6 games last year and he got extended. Lol.

I think the B1G is overrated anyway … they may win 6 only because the conference isn’t as good as most think. UM gets manhandled, Oregon isn’t looking all that hot, Iowa choked, PSU is overrated and honestly the rest of them suck. I can’t believe how bad NW looked against Duke too. Even the Pac-12 teams added outside of USC are meh.

Unless my eyes deceive me, a review of this weeks polls shows the pollsters are not impressed with Rutgers beating up on cupcakes. Schiano's reputation precedes him.

Hey, don’t downplay Rutgers schedule. They beat Howard. The same Howard team that beat mighty Mercyhurst by a point. Yes, that same Mercyhurst that beat Wheeling.

Hey, don’t downplay Rutgers schedule. They beat Howard. The same Howard team that beat mighty Mercyhurst by a point. Yes, that same Mercyhurst that beat Wheeling.
So what you're saying is, if the transitive property is true, they'd have an outside chance at winning the Mountain East Conference. That's something to be proud of.

So what you're saying is, if the transitive property is true, they'd have an outside chance at winning the Mountain East Conference. That's something to be proud of.

Glass houses...

Our schedule is MEAC-level and we are the most delusional fanbase, evidently.

Also, Schady lives rent-free in all our heads...

buttgers.png

Last edited:
Remember the cardinal rule:

B1G tomato can is always > winning in the ACC
If only Rutgers could "put up" SU fans would "shut up"... In either the B1G or the ACC.

Which reminds me, remember the Rutgers fan claiming Rutgers had Jersey Power and that they were "USC" on Saturdays, I guess we will find out on October 25 whether this is true. Will Shady's defense hold up against Lincoln Riley's offense?