The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I'm not a gloom and doom for RU poster on this board, but if you think RU is going to have a home run $$$ coaching hire when Flood is gone, you haven't been paying attention.

112949-Ramsay-Snow-gif-if-you-think-t-FDZX.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Penn state had about 7 or 8 thousand fans at the game, the university did everything they could to keep tickets with RU season ticket holders...but PSU fans are resourceful and
quite a few got parking passes and tickets...but the common guess is about 8 thou...probably almost double what most other teams bring in based on previous years.

I did not come to annoy, I do not read your board often...so I thought the rutgers al thing was an honest question...I guess Al visits here..lol...
RU fans know that we will have to win in order to keep the interest up...that would be the case for any school...

but we have that chance...as far as the Indiana & other games on this years schedule, RU has about 40,000 seats taken at minimum, not counting walk up sales, visitor sales...those games will approach sellout status also if we win our next couple.

RU has the highest rated games ever on Espn, ESPN2, SNY, etc, this from previous years big games...if RU has a game of any importance, we get the ratings...

I think syracuse would also have been a good fit for the big 10, but it seems your fans are happy where you are, and it is all good...I readily admit your basketball will be great...I do question that you and boston college will develop good rivals in football

Really? The highest rated games ever? In the last 12 months alone I can think of a couple (ND-Michigan, and FSU-Auburn) that I have to imagine were rated higher on ESPN than any Rutgers game. The rest of the college football nation has long since moved on from one solitary Thursday night game against Louisville.

I will say this for Rutgers, they are getting the students and young alumni heavily involved.
Easy to get their Alumni involved since most have to live in mom and dad's basement in New Jersey so they are still in the area...;)

LOL best part of that whole article
"Multiple Rutgers officials who attended the meeting said more than 100 department employees were present, from head and assistant coaches to custodial staff. The employees said the annual meeting serves as a chance for Hermann to address the entire department and state her vision for the upcoming school year.
It took place in the Brown Recruiting Pavilion, located in High Point Solutions Stadium, and Hermann made the remarks while addressing her department staff from the podium, according to those in attendance."

Really? The highest rated games ever? In the last 12 months alone I can think of a couple (ND-Michigan, and FSU-Auburn) that I have to imagine were rated higher on ESPN than any Rutgers game. The rest of the college football nation has long since moved on from one solitary Thursday night game against Louisville.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am talking about the tri-state area, not nationally...and it is our understanding that RU games set the record for each of those stations in our area....as mentioned, we beat Notre dame this past week, when they were on channel 4...and RU was on channel 413 cablevision....

there is no doubt that if RU craps the bed, is not competitive at all in the big 10, ratings will fall, attendance will suffer...you could say that for just about every program

but we are starting out with a lot of local people giving us a chance and the last minute loss to PU will not hurt at this point...we do need to win a couple of big 10 games this year...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am talking about the tri-state area, not nationally...and it is our understanding that RU games set the record for each of those stations in our area...as mentioned, we beat Notre dame this past week, when they were on channel 4...and RU was on channel 413 cablevision...

there is no doubt that if RU craps the bed, is not competitive at all in the big 10, ratings will fall, attendance will suffer...you could say that for just about every program

but we are starting out with a lot of local people giving us a chance and the last minute loss to PU will not hurt at this point...we do need to win a couple of big 10 games this year...

And its also "your understanding" that you have a relevant program which in itself is a gigantic laugh. The fact that you guys continue to come over here and defend that trainwreck simply astonishes me.

One of two things is going to happen this year; either Flood will get us to 6 or 7 wins (6 is probably enough if the games are all competitive) and he stays, or he doesn't and we hire a new coach. If he stays, we are in very good shape with the 2016 class, the best shape we've been in since the 2012 class, if he goes we will surprise many people with how much money we will be throwing out there. We will learn a lot tomorrow against a pretty good Navy team on the road. If Flood can get his team to bounce back after a heart-breaking loss to PSU last week, he may very well save his job.

WOW you were silent for a while ... last time I saw you, you were dancing the jig over Blacknall and telling me he was sticking after I told you it wouldn't last ... how did that work out for you?

It is my understanding that many B1G fans of other schools buy season tickets at other stadiums for good seats. We will see if this is true, let's face it, the BTN loaded your home schedule nicely this season. What happens next season when you visit the big boys and they don't come knocking on your stadium door?

This is what a good friend of mine did, bought a multiple game package (or possibly an entire season, not sure which) just so he could watch PSU.

I'm curious what attendance will look like after this and next year's novelty has worn off and buttgers is stringing together its 3rd consecutive losing season? one thing we know about the nfl fan mentality - they like winners and wont support a loser.

this notion that all that has to be done is fire Flood and throw wads of money at another coach isnt the be all end all or else Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Iowa etc would have done it long ago.

I'm curious what attendance will look like after this and next year's novelty has worn off and buttgers is stringing together its 3rd consecutive losing season? one thing we know about the nfl fan mentality - they like winners and wont support a loser.

this notion that all that has to be done is fire Flood and throw wads of money at another coach isnt the be all end all or else Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Iowa etc would have done it long ago.
on the Herd today he made some great points about people leaving the midwest and how the B1G is way down and if they don'y pickup recruiting they will be toast. Looks like Rutgers put their eggs in the wrong basket.

Exactly. The kicker is hearing some of the horror stories of some of these RU fans having to deal with crappy parking and having to pay over $2k in donations just to get that. You can bet folks will be questioning that "investment." So if all of that money gets what they have now, I guess the answer is that they need to convince folks to dig deeper. Good luck with that.

I am talking about the tri-state area, not nationally...and it is our understanding that RU games set the record for each of those stations in our area...as mentioned, we beat Notre dame this past week, when they were on channel 4...and RU was on channel 413 cablevision...

Unlike many others in this thread and the other, I actually acknowledge that Rutgers has shown great TV ratings in NYC when the game has some meaning and that they can do well (not that they will do well) in a down BiG until such time as PSU and Michigan start to get back to their former status.

However, the bolded part above is what caught my attention. All of the buzz about gaining Rutgers and Maryland was that they would be adding NYC, Baltimore, and DC to the BTN at the conference rate, which means being shown on a basic cable channel (usually defined as 80 or less). And yet it appears from what you stated above that for Cablevision the BTN is in the 400 range which I assume is similar to Philly where the BTN is in the 700 range and I see that for NYC on TWC the channel is 382, like I have.

Now the additions of all of those areas is great for the BiG and will still mean a lot of $$$, but all of the projections were based upon getting the conference rate in those huge metro areas, which this first year at least does not appear to have happened.

Just an observation.

Back to the RU/PSU game itself - the atmosphere looked great on TV for that game.

Cheers,
Neil

I'm curious what attendance will look like after this and next year's novelty has worn off and buttgers is stringing together its 3rd consecutive losing season?

I don't know, maybe free tickets and food when Maryland comes around.

I don't know, maybe free tickets and food when Maryland comes around.
hey that is a great idea mind if we use it at SU? Maybe at SU with it being a better school academically the students need their sleep saturday mornings?

Is there anything that school and AD's office cant screw up? My god its one thing after another over there.
And the reason I like this thread. A comedian couldn't write better material. I needed this laugh today. :)

I think the idea is to go more national with non conference games...playing temple is not seen as such a threat, they appear on our schedule a few years from now.

I will follow your fans thoughts on RU with interest, and best of luck to your team in the ACC...

Going national with Temple, hmmmm...