The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 321 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I haven't been on their board in awhile. I'm happy to see RutgersAl is still a thing. Here's one of his beauties from a thread he started titled "Could we be in for a GOOD SEASON"

There are 10 winnable games, excluding Ohio State and Michigan. There is enough talent to win our share. Wish we had more DT talent, but it should be serviceable. OL will be fine. WR will be fine once we add the freshmen. LB and secondary should be much better than last year, as should the running backs and tight ends.
rutgersal, Today at 6:17 PM

I haven't been on their board in awhile. I'm happy to see RutgersAl is still a thing. Here's one of his beauties from a thread he started titled "Could we be in for a GOOD SEASON"

There are 10 winnable games, excluding Ohio State and Michigan. There is enough talent to win our share. Wish we had more DT talent, but it should be serviceable. OL will be fine. WR will be fine once we add the freshmen. LB and secondary should be much better than last year, as should the running backs and tight ends.

Omg, from that same thread, I just learned Rutgers scored an average 13.5 points/game last year.

I initially thought RutgersAl was 100% troll.

Then I softened and figured maybe he’s like 75% troll, 25 % sincere overly optimistic, biased Rutgers diehard.

Now I’m convinced...pure troll. He’s running the long con game on those Rutgers fan sweathogs.

I initially thought RutgersAl was 100% troll.

Then I softened and figured maybe he’s like 75% troll, 25 % sincere overly optimistic, biased Rutgers diehard.

Now I’m convinced...pure troll. He’s running the long con game on those Rutgers fan sweathogs.

Nope. He’s real and he’s sincere. He came to a couple fine lot tailgates and he believes that stuff. Good guy but a hopeless optimist.

Nope. He’s real and he’s sincere. He cane to a couple fine lot tailgates and he believes that stuff. Good guy but a hopeless optimist.
Yes, Al is good guy. Even came to the tailgate at the last Rutgers game at the Dome after the game to congratulate us on the victory. Hopefully we can meet up with him again somewhere at Rutgers in 2021 and at the Fine Lot in 2022.

He is one of the things I miss about the Big East.

I find it amusing to see Rutgers all over the first round as I watch the NFL Draft.
The highlight package that airs for every BigTen player drafted always features them destroying Rutgers.
But any publicity is good publicity...Rutgers has proven this theory wrong!

I find it amusing to see Rutgers all over the first round as I watch the NFL Draft.
The highlight package that airs for every BigTen player drafted always features them destroying Rutgers.
That should be their recruiting pitch. Come to rutgirls you will be all over the NFL draft highlights.

Al is what college football is all about. We were pretty much the same during our nuclear winter years. I remember being pumped when we would beat out Akron for a recruit. Heck i about had a stroke when we upset ND and Louisville i was so excited. The difference is that Als winter may never end. Rutgers only chance is to go all in on a great coach who can take advantage of Jersey recruits. They should have gone after Joe M.

Al is what college football is all about. We were pretty much the same during our nuclear winter years. I remember being pumped when we would beat out Akron for a recruit. Heck i about had a stroke when we upset ND and Louisville i was so excited. The difference is that Als winter may never end. Rutgers only chance is to go all in on a great coach who can take advantage of Jersey recruits. They should have gone after Joe M.

Have you ever posted a Youtube video of yourself singing an ode to Syracuse in front of the Carrier Dome? No? Then you're not the same :D

Last edited:
True story. I was driving from NY to VT for a bike race this weekend. I come up on a car and notice the "R" sticker on the back of the car and you can guess what I thought. As I'm passing the lady driving the car I look over and there's a good size golden lab just sitting right on the passenger seat looking out the windows. I was so confused, which one had graduated from Rutgers?

The clock at RU's stadium had some real control problems at the B1G MLax championship tonight. It kept running even after the whistle. Probably thought it was another RU-Meeshigan football "squeaker" and everyone wanted to leave early.

Cool. My town of Old Bridge sponsored their inaugural 5K run a couple weekends ago. I’m running the Damon Runyon at Yankee Stadium next month.

My wife grew up in Old Bridge!

Nope. He’s real and he’s sincere. He came to a couple fine lot tailgates and he believes that stuff. Good guy but a hopeless optimist.

He was like the Rutgers version of that Iraqi press secretary during the war. LOL