The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 363 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

The hire makes sense. Rutgers needed something to make them respectable. Why not try it with the guy that did it before. I applaud them for getting it done and making a commitment by giving him his demands. On another note, this thread is designed to crack jokes on them. You can't get too bothered.

I don’t think he gets them to .500 (if he even signs on the dotted line...he’s been known to flake at the 11th hour). But he should get them to 5-7, more competitive week in and week out vs teams not named Ohio State and get the infrastructure and coaching salaries on par with the middle of the road Big Ten. I think the year Lovie is having this season at Illinois will be his ceiling there.

Because no one cares about rutgirls in NJ. They are a perennial doormat. Nj tax payers are supposed to get excited to pour money into a program to go 4 and 8 and lose by 50 to osu and Michigan.

Its the “Parochial Pete’s” of the world who either attended private/out of state school themselves or send their kids to private school/out of state who bitch and complain about this sort of stuff. John Q. Taxpayer who doesn’t pay attention to sports in general doesn’t give one damn about Rutgers or their athletic department spending. NJ pisses away millions all the time on unnecessary . For example, in an era where more shopping malls are closing than opening, the American Dream Mall gets built so hundreds of millions of dollars in contracts can be handed out. But yeah, bitch about a football indoor field house lol.

It was easy to negative recruit vs Cuse back then because we were already heading downward and hadn't upgraded facilities. Good luck vs Big 10 east. Indiana and Maryland are the only two they can compete with and Maryland's facilities are way better

Michigan State had their run and are coming back down to earth. Dantonio’s a great coach but is on the way out. Like everything, CFB goes in cycles. RU beat MSU several times (‘88, ‘91 and ‘04) and almost beat them in ‘03 and ‘15.

It’s really Ohio State and then everyone else in that conference. And they proved it by beating Michigan by 50 last year in the big house.

Michigan State had their run and are coming back down to earth. Dantonio’s a great coach but is on the way out. Like everything, CFB goes in cycles. RU beat MSU several times (‘88, ‘91 and ‘04) and almost beat them in ‘03 and ‘15.

It’s really Ohio State and then everyone else in that conference. And they proved it by beating Michigan by 50 last year in the big house.
Um no msu is still a really good program can still win 8 or 9 games this year. Right now Indiana and md are light years ahead of rutgirls.

Ohio State

Michigan/Penn State/Wisconsin

Everybody else

Northwestern

Rutgers

So your “waiting to see what it will bring” comment is truly ignorant. It’s not simply about wins and losses. That wasn’t why Temple was kicked out of the Big East. It was failure to invest in their programs. And it’s not just about money for RU-New Brunswick but for schools like RU Camden, Newark and Rowan in the long term.
Waiting to see what benefit an investment in football at Rutgers will bring the state is in no way ignorant. Thanks though. Is the entire NJ state system a part of Rutgers, or is it just New Brunswick, Newark, and Camden? I am fairly confident I know the answer, you don’t need to look. Rutgers system is the flagship, but not the entirety of the state system. Rowan, William Paterson and others don’t fall under the same benefits umbrella. They also thankfully don’t cost as much. Rutgers is the most expensive state school in the system, and one of them if not the most expensive state school nationally. That’s with tax funding from non-attending residents. Next, maybe you can tell me if Rutgers Newark or Camden have their own sports teams (they do) and if they compete in a conference other than the BigTen (again a yes) so explain how BigTen benefits are channeled to Newark. Explain why Rutgers would ever put money in Newark if the BigTen wanted to see an investment in BigTen athletic facilities or risk Rutgers getting kicked out. Explain why 70 years of state investment (became a public state school in 1945) prior to the BigTen into a football program with no results (yes I know they didn’t spend much until the 80’s) is now invalid and my comment ignorant if it has literally brought nothing and in fact run a deficit including the years it’s been in the BigTen. The partial payouts have not resulted in a better run program or a positive balance sheet. The school was originally called Queen’s College and ran out of money in about 1820. It is only called Rutgers because of a financial bailout in1825. Carrier has nothing on that naming rights deal. My comment was not about wins and losses. It was about throwing money in a hole with absolutely no evidence over 250 years of the school’s existence, and 150 years of football, that it’s even a break even opportunity.
Please do your own homework and read more carefully before calling others ignorant.

"Misery loves company" goes the old saying and since my alma mater (FSU) has been "down" for several years, it is OK to look around for someone in worse condition. SUNJ as John Casillo at the "Troy Nunes" site refers to them, indeed has a long history of non-accomplishment in multiple sports. They would have been better off in the ACC I think (competitive-wise, as would Maryland - a big mistake that they left not knowing there would be an ACC linear network) although multiple teams in the ACC (including your beloved SU) are making big efforts to get better at playing football in the near-term and that should eventually payoff with more balance in the Conference.

The one story about SUNJ that always "cracks me up" is when several of their players were arrested for a home invasion robbery - and one of them was majoring in criminal justice! Like you might say "you can't make this stuff up!"

but those everyone else teams beat rutgers by 40

The Buckeyes continue to somehow expand their season-long victory margin each week. Even without defensive end Chase Young, OSU rolled over the Terrapins. Hide your eyes next week. It’s Rutgers Week for the Buckeyes.

Then why should you guys care? Missed in all this is that Schiano is getting a commitment from the university, clearly one that has been lacking since the old AD Mulcahy was run out of town. Even if he gets them to 5-7, 6-6 each year (which seems about right) the job will be better for the next person than it is right now. Butch Jones may be the better coach but I’m not so sure he could have manipulated RU into catching up with even the middle of their conference in the facilities arms race which they need to do.

And I love the bitching by people about money spent. No one blinked when NJ poured millions into an unnecessary Met Life Stadium or that stupid American Dream Mall (like Bergen County needed yet another mall). But RU wants an indoor football practice facility? Oh the poor students and tax payers! Faux outrage at its finest.

alrighty

we are fine connoisseurs of all things dumpster fire and find *any* commitment to the football program a hugely funny thing like watching a guy walk into a glass door

Schiano may be the only hope... and that in of itself is hilariously horrible bad news

We’ve had some bad headlines this year, but at least we aren’t Rutgers.

F54B9698-78C9-469A-844E-C67A00A2E401.jpeg

Essentially 8 TD dogs

In B10 play, they have scored 3 TD, 24 points total

I understand that the biggest home underdog was +46. Looks like Rutgers is going to blow that out of the water.
Wow Rutgers sets another record. Does the coach get another bonus for that or is that UConn’s Coach. I sometimes confuse their football programs.

While I agree with most of your post and generally like your posts, I must vehemently disagree with you ranking Rutgers so high!

I knew I went a bit light on the space bar, but I didn’t want to subject everybody to having to scroll way down to get to the next post. My post could’ve taken up an entire page by itself if I put Rutgers in its proper place.

Wow Rutgers sets another record. Does the coach get another bonus for that or is that UConn’s Coach. I sometimes confuse their football programs.
Perhaps they should consider combining their football programs. They both own NYC according to their fans, right? Should be simple logistically. Competitively, Edsall's moxie and Schiano's propensity to schedule games against MEAC opponents should guarantee that they don't drop below the 1-win mark for the foreseeable future. Feel bad for the Patriot League schools they'd be recruiting against, though.