The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 393 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Which is a worse kick in the nutz for them? Back on Feb 13th 1999 they were 17-7 (9-5 BE) and on the way to earning a bid. Then they dropped their last four regular season games and went 1-1 in the BET. Or is it worse to have the season taken away like this?

Which is a worse kick in the nutz for them? Back on Feb 13th 1999 they were 17-7 (9-5 BE) and on the way to earning a bid. Then they dropped their last four regular season games and went 1-1 in the BET. Or is it worse to have the season taken away like this?
It’s a trick question. Every day as a Buttgers player/fan is equally crappy.

Has to be this year, because 1999 is just Rutgers being Rutgers. That said, this year will always be their biggest “what if?” and what’s more Rutgers than that?

Shaquan loyal to ru. Held a cuse offer.

Don't be surprised to see khayri banton and audric estime follow with commits of their own.

"Shady" also took a pwo commit from one of tywone Malone's best friends.

Shaquan loyal to ru. Held a cuse offer.

Don't be surprised to see khayri banton and audric estime follow with commits of their own.

"Shady" also took a pwo commit from one of tywone Malone's best friends.
he got more than loyal --two others with vg offer sheets committed to ru --we had offered them as well

he got more than loyal --two others with vg offer sheets committed to ru --we had offered them as well

Shady is likely going to pull in a good class this year. But what will he be able to do in the future, and will it ever be good enough to compete in the big10 East?

Shady is likely going to pull in a good class this year. But what will he be able to do in the future, and will it ever be good enough to compete in the big10 East?

Maybe (temporarily)
No.
NO.

He’s already underwhelmed w his recruiting so far, and missed a bunch of guys they thought they had a solid shot at.

It’s possible they may get a bunch of verbals from talented ‘croots, but once they see Rutger go 2-10 yet again, most or all will decommit.

It’s the Rutgers Way
;)

Listen. This is not a surprise what he is doing. He is God in New Jersey. Only guy that had rutgers respectable. He has juice, he's now in the big ten. I expect guys with options to give him a chance. Fran Brown is taking advantage of that until Harbaugh or whoever pays him more to leave. The challenge will be 2 or 3 years from now when people see the product on the field and also realize they will never pass up penn st in the division. I expect him to get quality new jersey commits for now.

Maybe (temporarily)
No.
NO.

He’s already underwhelmed w his recruiting so far, and missed a bunch of guys they thought they had a solid shot at.

It’s possible they may get a bunch of verbals from talented ‘croots, but once they see Rutger go 2-10 yet again, most or all will decommit.

It’s the Rutgers Way
;)

Underwhelmed???

Schiano is killing it on the recruiting trail. I said months ago he will haul in a top 40 class in year one and many here laughed.

Looks to be well on his way...

Underwhelmed???

Schiano is killing it on the recruiting trail. I said months ago he will haul in a top 40 class in year one and many here laughed.

Indeed.
Well on his way... to having most of them DECOMMIT before 2020 is over.

If you look at the list of guys who were ONCE Rutgers “commits” and then went elsewhere, it’s pretty impressive.

Many here laughed - because it’s what we do.
Have you seen how large this thread is??!!
Rutgers is the joke that keeps on giving. ;)

Underwhelmed???

You guys keep winning your perceived recruiting war 9 months before the first signing day. I can’t wait to smack you guys in the mouth at home and deflate all this false enthusiasm right out of Shyt hole stadium.

You guys keep winning your perceived recruiting war 9 months before the first signing day. I can’t wait to smack you guys in the mouth at home and deflate all this false enthusiasm right out of Shyt hole stadium.

SU should beat RU in year one of a total rebuild(and there will be no spring practice).

Doesn’t change that Schiano is recruiting at a very high level. Competing in the BIG is a huge challenge but have no shot without the horses. The recruits know the challenges ahead and think most will wind up signing despite what the year one record is.

SU should beat RU in year one of a total rebuild(and there will be no spring practice).

Doesn’t change that Schiano is recruiting at a very high level. Competing in the BIG is a huge challenge but have no shot without the horses. The recruits know the challenges ahead and think most will wind up signing despite what the year one record is.
Absolutely. he is doing a fine job. He got a dream team (without Camp) of recruiters and he's doing what I thought he would do. What you have to understand is that rutgers has history of guys de committing when they under perform during the season. That's what people are alerting to. Its a wait and see approach.

I think Schiano and the staff he put together have a much better chance of keeping kids committed then the previous regimes under Ash/Flood. There will likely be a few changes over time but every team has that occur. Still feel strongly that RU will end up with a top 40 class when all is said and done with this year...

I think Schiano and the staff he put together have a much better chance of keeping kids committed then the previous regimes under Ash/Flood. There will likely be a few changes over time but every team has that occur. Still feel strongly that RU will end up with a top 40 class when all is said and done with this year...

And I feel like I will end up dating Kate Upton when all is said and done with this year... ;)

Our feelings are likely equally accurate. :p

They should be close to 30. The state is loaded with talent and sometimes I think the ranking guys over rate the middle to bottom tier prospects. Automatic 3 stars becuase they are in NJ. At he the same time a NYS kid with the same ability is a 2 star.

Underwhelmed???

nobody here cares because we're not competing against you. why don't you run on over to the penn state and ohio state boards and tell them how great you are.