The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 416 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I had no idea that kid transferred. Another in a long line of rucker QBs who were going to be stars.

Wasn't he the 4-star backup on his IMG team? Rutgers fans were sure he was the QB of the future.
Yup. He had a good season as the QB here at my local high school. He then transferred to IMG where he was rated 4 stars and was being recruited by Miami. He was named starter but lost his starting job after a few games and settled on the Rutty offer. The rest is history. New Brunswick, if you can't make it there, you can't make it any where.

You can take the player out of Rutgers, but unfortunately, you can’t take the Rutgers out of the player. Good luck to Artur.
Watch your tongue! Illinois @ UVa on Sept. 11 We owe them two!
I had no idea that kid transferred. Another in a long line of rucker QBs who were going to be stars.
He'd better not be a star in September!

Rutgers: "WE ARE TOTALLY NEW YORK CITY"
Also Rutgers: "Hey, let's set up shop in Times Square!"

Holy Schiat-no! Talk about living in the past! What a doofus. Hey Coach Gregger...nobody freaking cares!
NYC is not pumping out all these must get players. He can go all in if he wants to get the 1 or 2 high ranked players each year. The high end prospects dont do any better than the lower ranked players. Its funny, because he's benefited mostly from the lower ranked kids like Ray Rice, Courtney Greene and the McCourty brothers. On top of that, when I think of Brooklyn the last thing I would think of is rutgers football lol.

Last edited:
NYC is not pumping out all these must get players. He can go all in if he wants to get the 1 or 2 high ranked players each year. The high end prospects dont do any better than the lower ranked players. Its funny, because he's benefited mostly from the lower ranked kids like Ray Rice, Courtney Greene and the McCourty brothers. On top of that, when I think of Brooklyn the last thing I would think of is rutgers football lol.
I think NYC is pretty consistently producing a couple of 4 or 5 star players a year. The problem is, Rutgers isn't getting any of them. Neither for that matter is Syracuse.

When you look at the 2 star project players NYC produces, Rutgers does a good job getting their share of these types, sometimes beating out UConn, Wagner, Stony Brook, Albany and other peer schools.

Kudos to them for giving those kids a chance to play college football. Inclusion is awesome.

I think NYC is pretty consistently producing a couple of 4 or 5 star players a year. The problem is, Rutgers isn't getting any of them. Neither for that matter is Syracuse.

When you look at the 2 star project players NYC produces, Rutgers does a good job getting their share of these types, sometimes beating out UConn, Wagner, Stony Brook, Albany and other peer schools.

Kudos to them for giving those kids a chance to play college football. Inclusion is awesome.
Yeah, but the Rutgers coaches must have a keen eye for talent, because those two star guys are quickly evaluated and bumped to four stars.

They should be able to get some of those kids based on proximity and playing in the Big10. We get some NYC kids too but I dont know if it’s worth putting that much resources there. That’s my point. Is NYC that much of a goldmine compared to NJ? Do the high end NYC kids become multiple year starters in college and NFL players?

They should be able to get some of those kids based on proximity and playing in the Big10. We get some NYC kids too but I dont know if it’s worth putting that much resources there. That’s my point. Is NYC that much of a goldmine compared to NJ? Do the high end NYC kids become multiple year starters in college and NFL players?
I just did a deep dive into the class of 2016 in this post:

I would say the following players have all been major contributors in college and would likely have helped Syracuse.

Jamir Jones (ND)
Definitely would have helped

Taysir Mack (Indiana/Pitt)
61 catches for Pitt in 2019. 111 over past 3 seasons. Definitely would have helped.

Taylor Riggins (UMass/UB)
1st team all MAC in 2019. Definitely would have helped.

Brandon Barlow (BC)
Two year starter at DE. 6’6. Definitely would have helped us.

Mike Palmer (BC)
Two year starter at deep safety. Leader of BC defense. Definitely would have helped us. Especially last season.

Jake Fuzak (UB)
Started part of 2019 and all of 2020 at OT. 6’6. 2nd team All MAC in 2020. Definitely would have helped us, for the last couple of seasons.

Malcolm Koonce (UB)
All MAC DE in 2019 and 2020. Drafted in 3rd round by the Raiders. Would definitely have helped us.

2016 wasn’t a great year for kids from NYC. Upstate produced a surprising number of good players.

Not saying NYS should be the focus for recruiting. Not saying we need to get all these players. I think it is unacceptable that we were not able to identify and recruit a single player on this list. It was early in Dino’s career here and he didn’t have much of a chance to scout and start developing a relationship with promising young players in state. Hopefully we will get better at this over time.

I would say the following players have all been major contributors in college and would likely have helped Syracuse.

Jamir Jones (ND)
Definitely would have helped

Taysir Mack (Indiana/Pitt)
61 catches for Pitt in 2019. 111 over past 3 seasons. Definitely would have helped.

Taylor Riggins (UMass/UB)
1st team all MAC in 2019. Definitely would have helped.

Brandon Barlow (BC)
Two year starter at DE. 6’6. Definitely would have helped us.

Mike Palmer (BC)
Two year starter at deep safety. Leader of BC defense. Definitely would have helped us. Especially last season.

Jake Fuzak (UB)
Started part of 2019 and all of 2020 at OT. 6’6. 2nd team All MAC in 2020. Definitely would have helped us, for the last couple of seasons.

Malcolm Koonce (UB)
All MAC DE in 2019 and 2020. Drafted in 3rd round by the Raiders. Would definitely have helped us.

2016 wasn’t a great year for kids from NYC. Upstate produced a surprising number of good players.

Not saying NYS should be the focus for recruiting. Not saying we need to get all these players. I think it is unacceptable that we were not able to identify and recruit a single player on this list. It was early in Dino’s career here and he didn’t have much of a chance to scout and start developing a relationship with promising young players in state. Hopefully we will get better at this over time.
I responded in a rutgers thread because they’re putting up build boards and stuff. Going all in to claim NYC. I don’t think it’s necessary. SU can find the kids rutgers getting from NYC in other states.

Would the kids on that list helped us at SU? Sure but helping and having a major impact are two different things. Would those players have changed the outcome of games for SU? That’s the question to ask. I will say Koonce, Mack, Jamir and Taylor would have helped and potentially made a impact. Isaiah McDuffie and Stevie Scott were big losses. As far as the other kids on the list that started at other schools. It doesn’t mean much at all. We get kids from various states that are multi year starters as well. It’s hard to determine which kid is gonna pan out. There’s a lot of factors that goes into a players success. Work ethic, right fit and scheme, staying healthy, development etc... UB coaching staff did a good job of identifying raw players and developing them into their scheme and culture. That’s what SU needs to do a better job of.

Again, I was just saying there’s not much of a difference between the high end NYC prospects and the low end prospects. Are the high 3 star, 4 star NYS players consistently 3 or 4 year starters?, are they consistently getting all conference recognition, consistently getting drafted? If so then those are the kids we need at SU. Those are misses. Kids like Curtis Samuel. The average contributor is not a big loss. They are not gonna to change the outcome of SU football. Let me give you an example from the other end of this. We got Garrett Williams from the state of North Carolina. Garrett is projected to be an all conference, 3 year starter and a draft pick. UNC, Duke, Nc State, Wake should all be pissed that they missed on this kid. They are not missing out if Drew Tuazama becomes a mild contributor as a 1 or 2 year starter at SU.