The Alliance 2.0, but for realsies this time… | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

The Alliance 2.0, but for realsies this time…

Im thinking it will be tv only to start and when the leagues lose teams to sec or big 10 we will combo and back fill with big 12 schools as needed
I think that is a good read. ND isn't going to any conference. With the 12-team playoff all but a done deal why would they? In the Big or SEC, they will be a middle of the Pac and most likely never make the playoffs. Staying independent in football and playing the ACC for 5 games is perfect for them. NBC or one of the big streaming giants will pay them plenty of money so in my opinion they stay independent.
The GOR and ESPN will not allow the SEC to poach NC or any other ACC schools because it makes zero economic sense. ESPN has an amazing deal with the ACC, and they know it. What they will do is to strengthen the ACC by adding or putting a deal together with the PAC schools. This provides ESPN with great content, adds some money to the ACC and they get their cake without losing a major asset.
The only way this doesn't happen is if the PAC decides to add a few teams and stick it out as a conference.

I think that is a good read. ND isn't going to any conference. With the 12-team playoff all but a done deal why would they? In the Big or SEC, they will be a middle of the Pac and most likely never make the playoffs. Staying independent in football and playing the ACC for 5 games is perfect for them. NBC or one of the big streaming giants will pay them plenty of money so in my opinion they stay independent.
The GOR and ESPN will not allow the SEC to poach NC or any other ACC schools because it makes zero economic sense. ESPN has an amazing deal with the ACC, and they know it. What they will do is to strengthen the ACC by adding or putting a deal together with the PAC schools. This provides ESPN with great content, adds some money to the ACC and they get their cake without losing a major asset.
The only way this doesn't happen is if the PAC decides to add a few teams and stick it out as a conference.
I also think if we were in jeopardy of losing teams (not including ND) soon they would not have announced the 4 years of schedules for football

Gor! What is it good for?

50 to 80 year olds get this.

Or Seinfeld fans.

FF33FDB3-C45B-4E34-ACF8-19755B51F065.gif

Whose is a worse spot with this realignment ….Pitt or Syracuse? I’ll say Pitt because of PSU blocking them from joining BIG and I think the SEC would be a stretch.

Whose is a worse spot with this realignment ….Pitt or Syracuse? I’ll say Pitt because of PSU blocking them from joining BIG and I think the SEC would be a stretch.

agree as we are the only NY school that could make the cut

Don’t disagree, but the ACC expansion was the beginning of the end of the current structure/system.
Not even close. Everything was started by the SEC's expansion to 12 teams in 1991. It let them have a championship game and made the Southwest Conference implode when Arkansas left to join the SEC as their 12th team.

Not UB?

Do you realistically think UB could bring in close to the 90 to 110 mil the bigten is going to be making from there next media rights deal or are you being sarcastic?

Not even close. Everything was started by the SEC's expansion to 12 teams in 1991. It let them have a championship game and made the Southwest Conference implode when Arkansas left to join the SEC as their 12th team.
You already responded to that post on page 5, why are you responding to the same post again?

Excellent question to which I don't know the answer. :(
You don't want your school to go to the SEC, your heart is with the B1G. Orange fans aren't all that sympathetic to your dilemma.

Why do you keep insisting adding no value teams to the conference? You seem like the only fan that is ok with down grading the conference because it keeps everything on the east coast. It's about money not about easy travel for fans or rivalries.
His obsession with UMass drives his posts.

Excellent question to which I don't know the answer. :(
My wife tells me it is dementia and apparently I've had it for a long time.

She loves (hates) the surprised look on my face when she tells me about something the second time...like she never said it before. She said I acknowledged it before...by saying "Hmm-Hmm"

His obsession with UMass drives his posts.
If you look at states and regions where there are many P5 and G5 teams the sport is more popular. More players in high schools trying to get onto teams, more coaching clinics and 7-7 tourneys, more fan interest and rivalry debates. Right now in NY/NE it is just SU and BC, who has the least fan interest and following of any P5 school and most of the G5 as well. That's the extent of my interest in UConn/UMass.

If you look at states and regions where there are many P5 and G5 teams the sport is more popular. More players in high schools trying to get onto teams, more coaching clinics and 7-7 tourneys, more fan interest and rivalry debates. Right now in NY/NE it is just SU and BC, who has the least fan interest and following of any P5 school and most of the G5 as well. That's the extent of my interest in UConn/UMass.
The trend is in the opposite direction.

What is wrong with having some weaker teams in a conference? You know, get some easier wins.
Play them (UMass) OOC

Most of us all loved the old Big East but right now it is about brands not 4 hour bus rides.

I stated the teams I would add, what others are there? No teams will leave the B12 for the ACC except maybe WVU and Cincy. I guess if Notre Dame would join with the 4 PAC teams and be a division, that could work. IF Notre Dame would join.
UCF too.

I'd think the TX schools would come as a package too.

Kansas would probably listen too.

Play them (UMass) OOC

Most of us all loved the old Big East but right now it is about brands not 4 hour bus rides.
We have been in the ACC just about the same amount of time that we were in the BE (football) at the end of McNabbs era. I still don’t feel the affinity for the ACC that I did for the BE.

That’s because we’ve faired worse.

Wins = good memories = affinity for conferences
I’m sure that’s some of it. I don’t think it’s all of it.

Some of it is having no real history with most of these teams. Having Maryland would have helped immensely. Some of it is the general feeling that we weren’t really wanted from day 1. Some of it is the perception of the North Carolina centric attitude that prevails. Some of it is turning on the ACC channel and seeing nothing that represents our history or accomplishments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom