The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

I'm a little concerned that Drake may be a sentimental choice to make the tourney since they've been there once in the last 50 years. They are compromised though as their two best players are likely out for the NCAAT (one definite and the other most likely).
[/QUOTE
In that case I reiterate screw the drake.

1615252867708.gif

I give us a 1 in 4 chance to beat Virginia.
If we played Florida State I would give us a 3 in 7 chance.

Virginia is the worst matchup for this team of any team in the conference.
They have shooters and a coach who will have his team completely ready for us.
And JB thinks that UVA is unbeatable as well. He speaks of them as if they're the Celtics of the 1960s.
He said at Virginia! If you’re going to be critical fine, just get it right.

I give us a 1 in 4 chance to beat Virginia.
If we played Florida State I would give us a 3 in 7 chance.

Virginia is the worst matchup for this team of any team in the conference.
They have shooters and a coach who will have his team completely ready for us.
I just can’t believe this is your Take! I just can’t believe it!

He said at Virginia! If you’re going to be critical fine, just get it right.
Yeah like playing on the road is a major deal this season. Sheet if he thinks UVA is unbeatable this year then I would imagine he probably wouldn't even get on a flight to Waco or Tacoma.

Okay, I looked at the 21 brackets last updated on the bracket matrix on 3/6. Of the 21, 19 have been updated. Of these 19, Syracuse is only listed 3 times. One bracket actually dropped Syracuse, despite so many other teams on the bubble losing and Syracuse not losing in more than a week.

So look for Syracuse to go to 26 tomorrow. Maybe a couple more stragglers will also add us. Don’t think we will get to 30, but maybe the lemming factor will finally kick in.

I checked the 12 brackets that bracketmatrix.com with a last update date of 3/6.

Of the 12, 8 have been updated.

Of the 8, 4 now include Syracuse. None did before.

So we are at least up to 26 votes now. Pretty sure some of the ones last updated 3/6 have been updated and now include Syracuse but I haven’t had a chance to check them out yet.

We currently are listed on 3 of these 21 brackets. If we get the same 50% inclusion rate for those 18, that would take up to 35. Looks like Xavier is the team closest to falling off. They have 74 votes. If we can get in the 50-60 range, we will be very close to knocking someone out.

The nice thing is, the team getting dropped the most right now is Xavier and the team getting added the most is Syracuse. When people add Syracuse, they are dropping someone barely getting in so it helps us in two ways.
Thanks for putting in all this work. Much respect!!!

This is espn plus fyi. That said Bilas has SU as #47 in his own version of the best 68 where he says selection should be before the conf tourneys.

BYU vs Gonzaga tonight, bid stealer opportunity for BYU. Although they are two touchdown underdogs.

Edit: NVM!

Last edited:
Looking at the matrix if we could somehow get a bracket with 6 Colorado and 3 seed Kansas I could see us winning a couple of games.
We can’t beat the top teams though.

he was good in the beginning...but since then? nah.

ever since kyrie came he's been pretty mediocre...a lot of it might be the front offcie though.

idk what ainge is thinking. the team was in position to become a dynasty...now they are looking at perennial 5 seed.
He went to the EC finals *last year*.

A dynasty? How? By letting Kyrie run amok while also taking Hayward hostage?

He went to the EC finals *last year*.

A dynasty? How? By letting Kyrie run amok while also taking Hayward hostage?
...and lost to the Heat...who are 18-18 this season with the same roster. EC is garbage. Doubt Boston would even make the playoffs in the West.

Boston has had much more talent than the average team for all of Stevens' tenure...and their roster is getting worse every year. thye had the same core they have now plus most of horford, hayward, rozier, and morris thomas, etc PLUS like 10 first round picks that have turned into nothing...if you cant see how much better that roster was then than what they have now...and how they were positioned to be on top of the league at one point...dont know what to tell you.

theyve screwed the pooch. Not sure exactly how much of that is Stevens doing but he hasnt been the force that has elevated them. thats without doubt. hes a replacement level nba coach who has benefitted from amazing talent at his disposal, especially relative to his EC "rivals"

Seems absurd that the committee would take so many bubble MW teams (boise, utah state, colorado state) especially with all getting bad losses recently

interesting part is what happens if we dont win and 1-2 of those bubbles lose too..

I am going out on a limb and saying Jessie has the potential to drastically change this team for the better more than any midseason/last quarter player in the last 20 years. Move Dole to the 4 the first half. Throw the rankings aside. We don't know what we have.

interesting part is what happens if we dont win and 1-2 of those bubbles lose too..
That’s the point that few exercise and understand. The biggest thing is this will improve our role neutral record and we need to get one of our previous wins bumped up

I am going out on a limb and saying Jessie has the potential to drastically change this team for the better more than any midseason/last quarter player in the last 20 years. Move Dole to the 4 the first half. Throw the rankings aside. We don't know what we have.
Notice someone shifted from “He’s not ready” to “we need him” in his last interview. We need him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom