The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

yeah agreed. beard is good too. Speaking of another overrated coach though...how about brad stevens? been garbage at boston imo...he was really really good at butler...but doesnt seem to have it in the nba
Brad Stevens has made the Eastern Conference Finals 3 of the last 4 years.

This season he is struggling but his team has injuries and they played till September last year and didn’t have much of an off-season. Denver, Miami, Boston, Toronto teams that played late into the bubble have struggled.

yeah agreed. beard is good too. Speaking of another overrated coach though...how about brad stevens? been garbage at boston imo...he was really really good at butler...but doesnt seem to have it in the nba
Yeah that's puzzling though I'm not sure NBA players listen to their coaches. :)

I think Stevens is a pretty good coach. I don't think hes as good as Chris Mannix dos

I think Stevens is a pretty good coach. I don't think hes as good as Chris Mannix dos

This poll better be a joke after a guest spot he did.
Because it should be 100-0 the player if it’s your choice of any player.

The only sport I would consider s coach over player is football and it’s if the coach was young.

This poll better be a joke after a guest spot he did.
Because it should be 100-0 the player if it’s your choice of any player.

The only sport I would consider s coach over player is football and it’s if the coach was young.
IMO, it should be the player 100 times out of 100

We need a win at NCSt and to keep it to within 10 for a loss to Va and we have a good shot of getting in. Win both and we're in. Lost toNCSt and we're out.

Rider (5-16) looking to get an automatic berth with a win over Canisius tonight in the MAAC final. Wow that could be one of the worst records of an NCAA team if they are able to beat the Golden Griffins.

In fairness we also won the Battle of Atlantis and beat a ranked Duke team at Duke. We also got some relief from JB being suspended.
Right on. I'm actually in agreement that we likely need to win on Wednesday at the very least.
But I just get a kick out of the declarative THIS IS HOW IT'S GOING TO BE statements this time of year.

Rider (5-16) looking to get an automatic berth with a win over Canisius tonight in the MAAC final. Wow that could be one of the worst records of an NCAA team if they are able to beat the Golden Griffins.
That's only a first round MAAC tournament game between Canisius (6 seed) v. Rider (11 seed), not the championship (which isn't until Sat.)

That's only a first round MAAC tournament game between Canisius (6 seed) v. Rider (11 seed), not the championship (which isn't until Sat.)
Ah my bad. thx

I'm used to them having their final on Monday nights.

Palm has them in above us right now.
we in last 4 out

i would expect with a win in ACC tourney we would be in over them.
I checked the 12 brackets that bracketmatrix.com with a last update date of 3/6.

Of the 12, 8 have been updated.

Of the 8, 4 now include Syracuse. None did before.

So we are at least up to 26 votes now. Pretty sure some of the ones last updated 3/6 have been updated and now include Syracuse but I haven’t had a chance to check them out yet.

We currently are listed on 3 of these 21 brackets. If we get the same 50% inclusion rate for those 18, that would take up to 35. Looks like Xavier is the team closest to falling off. They have 74 votes. If we can get in the 50-60 range, we will be very close to knocking someone out.

The nice thing is, the team getting dropped the most right now is Xavier and the team getting added the most is Syracuse. When people add Syracuse, they are dropping someone barely getting in so it helps us in two ways.

I continue to remain miffed beyond all get out on how UVA continues to win games and conference titles in the manner in which they have. I have felt this way even when they had Guy, Jerome & company. When they had their 3 game losing streak a few weeks back, that's precisely the UVA team I generally see threw my lens. Call me crazy.

I guess, in the end, one can't argue with the results, and, IMO, it's a testament on Bennett's coaching ability, his system, discipline, etc., and consistently getting his players to play for him at 100% capacity just about all of the time.
Yeah, and I remember that it wasn't that long ago (just a few years) as they were on their ascent, where we openly mocked them for not being relevant in years after they were having some success. Oops. Didn't see this happening.

hey remember when EVERYONE said this about the 1st round Pitt game in 2016?
;)
Lose to ncstate we'd have about a 10 pct chance. We'd have to pull an inside straight and every bubble team would have to lose. The resume and acc were better in 2016.

FWIW, the best site based on last 5 year results is Bracketville
last 4 out here as well

Nova is gonna be without Gillespie and Moore for the BET. They’re gonna have a tough time.

we really need Nova/Creighton/UConn to win it... the last thing we need is Hall/X/StJ making a run
Got a feeling we know what's going to happen here.

FWIW, the best site based on last 5 year results is Bracketville
last 4 out here as well

I hate louisville. I wish we got our virginia, duke, ga tech games canceled. 15-5 (9-4) puts us in LOL.

Brad Stevens has made the Eastern Conference Finals 3 of the last 4 years.

This season he is struggling but his team has injuries and they played till September last year and didn’t have much of an off-season. Denver, Miami, Boston, Toronto teams that played late into the bubble have struggled.
he was good in the beginning...but since then? nah.

ever since kyrie came he's been pretty mediocre...a lot of it might be the front offcie though.

idk what ainge is thinking. the team was in position to become a dynasty...now they are looking at perennial 5 seed.

I'm a little concerned that Drake may be a sentimental choice to make the tourney since they've been there once in the last 50 years. They are compromised though as their two best players are likely out for the NCAAT (one definite and the other most likely).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom