The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

Yeah. It means you are in the top 100 for a 68 team tournament.
Well, you have to look at top-100 wins from the rest of the field, specifically from the other bubble teams. It can provide another statistic that can separate teams. 9 wins is tied for tops among bubble teams.
Does it matter that we beat Georgetown?
Just for metrics. Like I said, I am a "every little bit helps" guy.

Are we all agreed that we want Wichita State to lose! Then hopefully they get eliminated and then make sure Houston wins the American! Correct?

Last edited:
Not sure I have ever seen worse basketball in the last 2 minutes of a game than in this Wich USF game. Absolutely horrendous.

No clue what planet this Collins kid has been on the last couple USF possessions but I am curious if there are any life forms there.

No clue what planet this Collins kid has been on the last couple USF possessions but I am curious if there are any life forms there.
And then he does that, a charge to basically end it. Literally have never seen a player with 3 worse possessions in a row. What planet is this kid on?

USF did everything they possibly could to let Wich have that one the last few minutes. Can't believe I watched those last couple of minutes. Horrendous basketball.

Here is what I am thinking in terms of rooting guide for today. This includes metrics and bubble teams that we want to lose. Obviously, you could dig even deeper into metrics numbers, but these seem like the big ones on the slate today IMO. Did I forget anything? Go Orange!

12pm- USF over Wichita St

6pm Georgetown over Seton Hall. (This is technically best for us right now IMO, but would open up a bid steal. Then again, so could Seton Hall. Obviously, this all depends on Creighton or UConn winning the BET).

7:30pm Buffalo over Akron

9pm UNC over FL St (We want UNC to win the ACC at this point)

9pm LSU over Ole Miss (Big one here IMO)

12am- Colorado St over Utah St
12pm- USF over Wichita St

6pm Georgetown over Seton Hall. (This is technically best for us right now IMO, but would open up a bid steal. Then again, so could Seton Hall. Obviously, this all depends on Creighton or UConn winning the BET).

7:30pm Buffalo over Akron

9pm UNC over FL St (We want UNC to win the ACC at this point)

9pm LSU over Ole Miss (Big one here IMO)

12am- Colorado St over Utah St

(Plus no bid stealers)

Rothstein on wfan today said he has us in and we are in good shape as long as no one steals a bid. He also said Grant is now over 10 feet tall.
I just think we’re in much better shape then that.
It’s been such a weird year though, and i could honestly see a default champion, stoppage of play, or an abbreviated Final 4. They’d only be doing it for the contracted tv money of course, but this year seriously is just a massive cl#*#erfk.

Last edited:
Yeah. It means you are in the top 100 for a 68 team tournament.

It’s better then the teams that they are competing with on the bubble which is all that matters .. if they had a great record ., guess what , they wouldn’t be on the bubble in the first place, and we’re not having this conversation

Georgetown

Yeah, the irony of them screwing us out of a bid doesn't escape me.

But on the other hand, teams dropping out due to COVID who are above us (e.g. UVA and Duke, who was perceived to be on the rise ...).

Those are 2 available bids that would have been given to our conference. I have to think that helps us get in.

Yeah, the irony of them screwing us out of a bid doesn't escape me.

But on the other hand, teams dropping out due to COVID who are above us (e.g. UVA and Duke, who was perceived to be on the rise ...).

Those are 2 available bids that would have been given to our conference. I have to think that helps us get in.

UVA is out of the entire thing ?

Edit ... they aren’t

“Virginia and Kansas could still play in the NCAA tournament, despite needing to show seven consecutive days of negative tests. Dan Gavitt, NCAA senior vice president of men's basketball, has said that a team just needs five healthy players to play in an NCAA tournament game. If neither the Cavaliers nor Jayhawks have a widespread COVID-19 outbreak and the rest of the team continues to test negative, both teams could be eligible to play in the NCAA tournament.“

UVA is out of the entire thing ?

Edit ... they aren’t

“Virginia and Kansas could still play in the NCAA tournament, despite needing to show seven consecutive days of negative tests. Dan Gavitt, NCAA senior vice president of men's basketball, has said that a team just needs five healthy players to play in an NCAA tournament game. If neither the Cavaliers nor Jayhawks have a widespread COVID-19 outbreak and the rest of the team continues to test negative, both teams could be eligible to play in the NCAA tournament.“

I guess I misread that article, then.

I certainly hope they shut it down, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom