The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

UVA is out of the entire thing ?

Edit ... they aren’t

“Virginia and Kansas could still play in the NCAA tournament, despite needing to show seven consecutive days of negative tests. Dan Gavitt, NCAA senior vice president of men's basketball, has said that a team just needs five healthy players to play in an NCAA tournament game. If neither the Cavaliers nor Jayhawks have a widespread COVID-19 outbreak and the rest of the team continues to test negative, both teams could be eligible to play in the NCAA tournament.“
But the trick now is it sounds like they have to clear their local covid protocols, not just the NCAA's. It's not a lock that they will be good.

This post from the UVA board is laughable. Specifically the line about asking the committee to play a certain day. LOL

1615585100505.png

It's a mess. Just make it 80 teams. 2 games a week 3 if you are making one up. Everybody has to lose 2 to be out. Screw conference tourneys. A one-month Holiday instead. Only in a perfect world.

Louisiana Tech loses. Which only matters because they were just one spot behind NC State in the net. With the exception of a Buffalo and Georgetown, pretty much everyone right behind NC State has been eliminated from their conference tournaments.

So at 72 in the NET, I don’t see how they could fall far enough to take away Cuse’s Quad 1 win.

Now if UNC could win tonight and give us a second Quad 1 win, that would be fantastic!

SMU losing eliminates them. Wouldn't hate if Cincy took out Wichita St to give them a Q3 loss and then lose to hopefully Houston.
cincy up about 14 with 2 m i n to go somehow commits 5 fouls. allows 2 and 1s and fouls a guy shooting a 3. missed like 5 fts and SMU had 2 shots to go get it to under 3 in the last 10 secs.. that was ugly

Can someone just bullet out again the games to watch tonight? With all this covid stuff today, I cannot find the post. Thanks!

The semi-good news about Seton Hall is them winning tonight doesn’t put them closer to an at-large

As expected, Syracuse is up over 100 votes on the bracket matrix site. 107 right now. In addition, I count at least 3 more brackets for Syracuse that the sit hasn’t recognized yet.

Xavier dropped out of the tournament, SU moved from last in to second last in and Utah State is the new last in team.

I think it’s also that the Big East just isn’t good
For sure. But they’re closer to being an NIT team than they are to being DePaul.

Crazy they might end up being a quality win at home

For sure. But they’re closer to being an NIT team than they are to being DePaul.

Crazy they might end up being a quality win at home
Them and Buffalo look solid ... if only we got Colgate :(

My paranoid SU DNA has me wondering if JAB's (cranky, unlikeable, pissy) disposition this year will allow for the Selection Committee, which is made up of 10 HUMANS, to look at each other and say, "let's turn the screws on this SOB ... first team OUT!" Athletic Directors crave control and this would likely earn them a few back slaps from colleagues in the coming months.

There is no one in the sport who did not read about thoughts on the Jalen Johnson and Matt Gutierrez. Then the Bryant game too, although that was so long ago, I doubt many outside of CNY remember. Both found their way to the top line on ESPN's headlines.

I'd love to be wrong.
Nobody cares about that

Is anybody worried that Georgetown might steal a bid, is this going to hurt us?

As expected, Syracuse is up over 100 votes on the bracket matrix site. 107 right now. In addition, I count at least 3 more brackets for Syracuse that the sit hasn’t recognized yet.

Xavier dropped out of the tournament, SU moved from last in to second last in and Utah State is the new last in team.

I am guessing that we want Colorado State to win. And how is Drake above us. The majority of their wins are Quad 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom