The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

thats the rub,, the brackets have them as the AQ, not clear if they lose where the go.
Houston likely AQ in the American. They are a projected 2-seed so they're in. Wich St. is bubble-city if they lose, but a couple spots ahead of us on matrix...

but in most brackets they are in with houston and mempis is out.. not clear to me they lose they fall out and then if houston loses you get 3 teams in from that league.. better to have Witch and Houston just win out

Are they considered a lock?

Best wins are Houston and Ole Miss, but played no one else.

62 in Net
I definitely do not see them as a lock. This loss would hurt their seeding, and potentially hurt their chances to make it at all. To me, this is all good for Cuse. Of course, this assumes Houston pulls this tournament out.

yeah wichita will be very interesting if they lose this - right alongside SLU, xavier, drake

Are they considered a lock?

Best wins are Houston and Ole Miss, but played no one else.

62 in Net
Wchita State is not a lock. if they lose they are out. Palm has them as 9 seed auto qualifier but he is way off. Go USF and get rid of the Shockers

Here is what I am thinking in terms of rooting guide for today. This includes metrics and bubble teams that we want to lose. Obviously, you could dig even deeper into metrics numbers, but these seem like the big ones on the slate today IMO. Did I forget anything? Go Orange!

12pm- USF over Wichita St

6pm Georgetown over Seton Hall. (This is technically best for us right now IMO, but would open up a bid steal. Then again, so could Seton Hall. Obviously, this all depends on Creighton or UConn winning the BET).

7:30pm Buffalo over Akron

9pm UNC over FL St (We want UNC to win the ACC at this point)

9pm LSU over Ole Miss (Big one here IMO)

12am- Colorado St over Utah St
you can add SDSU over Nevada. We don't want them in the MWC final, they would be a bid stealer if they win it . SDSU vs CSU in the final would be best, those two are already both in. Utah State is still iffy and Nevada can only get in by being an AQ. totally agree about Ole Miss being a big one. So hard to root for Will Wade but go LSU!

Yep. Would also be good for the Cuse metric numbers with our H2H win over Gtown. Nothing substantial, but I am a "every little bit helps" kind of guy.

Definitely need GTown to lose to Creighton/UConn after though.

Does it matter that we beat Georgetown?

South Florida letting Wichita have an open shoot around from 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom