The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

I know our chances are slim, but with the games we do have left, can we afford to have any get canceled due to covid and not be able to be made up?

No, right? At this point we just need to bank every single win we can. We just need numbers?

Point is, if a game gets canceled, is that the ballgame outside of running the gauntlet in the conf tourney?

I know our chances are slim, but with the games we do have left, can we afford to have any get canceled due to covid and not be able to be made up?

No, right? At this point we just need to bank every single win we can. We just need numbers?

Point is, if a game gets canceled, is that the ballgame outside of running the gauntlet in the conf tourney?
I would say right now we either need to win all 3 regular season games and win at least one in Greensboro, or win 2 and make a huge acct run.

I guess our gutter is a step up from BC's. But you are right, I am too negative, this place is therapy for me, to let off steam. It will be hard but I will try and clean up my act and be less negative. But, this mediocrity going on 7 years frustrates me to no end. Thank you for the reality check. There's always room for personal self-improvement.
I had a dream last night that for some reason JB was forced to accept a road game at Saint Francis (NY). We got abused by a sophomore big on the inside that would never even sniff a Syracuse offer and made a comeback at the end to "only" lose by 15. Even my subconscious is negative at this point.

I had a dream last night that for some reason JB was forced to accept a road game at Saint Francis (NY). We got abused by a sophomore big on the inside that would never even sniff a Syracuse offer and made a comeback at the end to "only" lose by 15. Even my subconscious is negative at this point.
JB after the game: "St Francis is an excellent team. They just took Mount St Mary's to overtime. We didn't make enough shots."

JB after the game: "St Francis is an excellent team. They just took Mount St Mary's to overtime. We didn't make enough shots."
[Me, calling in to the weekly show and stirring the pot both here and with JB]: Coach, Buddy did a great job getting separation from the 5'6 SFU defenders and also did great putting it on the floor. Is there any reason why you continue to pull your punches by not encouraging Buddy to shoot even more than he already does?

[Me, calling in to the weekly show and stirring the pot both here and with JB]: Coach, Buddy did a great job getting separation from the 5'6 SFU defenders and also did great putting it on the floor. Is there any reason why you continue to pull your punches by not encouraging Buddy to shoot even more than he already does?
"Listen, Pat, no one wants to win more than I do. This is my life. If you want to coach, get a high school team somewhere. We want Buddy to shoot, but we also want him to take fourteen dribbles backing down a more talented defender while attempted low percentage fadeaway jumpers. We'll keep working at it. Braswell has had some good practices and I think he deserves minutes."

"Listen, Pat, no one wants to win more than I do. This is my life. If you want to coach, get a high school team somewhere. We want Buddy to shoot, but we also want him to take fourteen dribbles backing down a more talented defender while attempted low percentage fadeaway jumpers. We'll keep working at it. Braswell has had some good practices and I think he deserves minutes."
"Fair enough. So when you retire and Buddy takes over in a couple of years, what sort of role will GMac have in recruiting once Red joins Hop in Washington?"

Games of Interest Saturday, February 27th:
  • 12PM Cuse at Georgia Tech: if we lose this then really nothing else matters. The term is overused but this is a must win for Syracuse. Can’t have a slow start. Can’t have lack of effort and can’t be bullied on the boards. Win and then hope for the below.
  • 12PM Michigan at Indiana: We want the Wolverines and would prefer a blow out. Indiana drops to 500 with a loss here and would drop from last 4 into out.
  • 2PM VCU at Davidson: VCU likely in the last 4 bye or last 4 in grouping. Davdison is not bad and could spring the upset at home. Would be very good for us if VCU drops this one.
  • 2:30PM Marquette at Uconn: the puppies are appearing in the last 4 in grouping. We all know what we want here. Root for a humiliating defeat for the huskies and maybe Wojo punching out Hurley.
  • 4PM Florida State at UNC: Let’s root for the Seminoles to keep the Heels reeling. UNC probably in the 10 seed range but if they lose here and then we get them Monday night there is no reason why they would be ahead of us. Go FSU!
  • 4PM Boise State at San Diego State: Let’s root for SD State to complete the sweep. Boise may still be ok (falling in 9 seed range now) but they don’t have much on their resume. A loss here and in the conference tourney puts them at risk.
  • 5PM Creighton at Xavier: Xavier is dropping in the brackets and is either in the last 4 in or first 4 out bucket. Can’t have them getting the big resume booster over Creighton. Go Blue Jays!
  • 6PM Louisville at Duke: Ville is likely a 10 seed while Duke finds themselves back on the bubble (first 4 out grouping). Both teams finish with tough games so an extended losing streak is possible. Ville has at Va Tech and UVA and Duke is at Ga Tech and at UNC. Not sure what to root for here.
  • 7PM Minnesota at Nebraska: Gophers are in full collapse mode and they are 0-8 on the road this season. Nebraska is awful. Minnesota appearing in the last 4 out bucket and a loss here would be the nail in the coffin. Highly unlikely, but worth an occasional glance. Go Huskers!
  • 7PM Oregon State at Stanford: Stanford can ill afford a loss here. They precariously reside in the last 4 in range. Go beavers!

We all know what we want here.
Root for a humiliating defeat for the huskies and maybe Wojo punching out Hurley.

DONE and DONE.

• 2:30PM Marquette at Uconn: the puppies are appearing in the last 4 in grouping. We all know what we want here. Root for a humiliating defeat for the huskies and maybe Wojo punching out Hurley.
snoop dogg yes GIF

Serious question: with the NIT only being 16 teams this year and the tough games we have remaining, how likely are we to miss out on that too?

Serious question: with the NIT only being 16 teams this year and the tough games we have remaining, how likely are we to miss out on that too?
It's something that's a possibilty if we lose out and go 13-11

Time to resurrect the CBI

Time to resurrect the CBI

Let's just play an intra-squad scrimmage. Starters vs bench guys.

JGIII, Buddy, AG, Q, Marek vs Kadary, Woody, Bras, Frank or JBA, Jesse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom