The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

Y’all got anymore of them bubble updates?

Yes good news for us tonight.

Richmond took a horrible loss to a 3-14 St . Joes team. The Spiders are officially done as an at large candidate.

St. Bonaventure lost at home to a decent Dayton squad. Damaging loss to their at large resume. They may need to get the finals of the A-10 tournament to get in. They have good computer numbers but not much in terms of quality wins.

Rutgers is safe but they got beat by 20 to a pitiful Nebraska team whose leading scorer just quit the team. If Rutty loses their next one and first game in the Big Ten tournament they are 13-12 and will sweat things out despite some impressive wins.

St. Louis beat a bad UMASS tram and avoided a damaging loss. They are hovering in the last 4 out or next 4 out bucket.

Cuse!

Yes good news for us tonight.

Richmond took a horrible loss to a 3-14 St . Joes team. The Spiders are officially done as an at large candidate.

St. Bonaventure lost at home to a decent Dayton squad. Damaging loss to their at large resume. They may need to get the finals of the A-10 tournament to get in. They have good computer numbers but not much in terms of quality wins.

Rutgers is safe but they got beat by 20 to a pitiful Nebraska team whose leading scorer just quit the team. If Rutty loses their next one and first game in the Big Ten tournament they are 13-12 and will sweat things out despite some impressive wins.

St. Louis beat a bad UMASS tram and avoided a damaging loss. They are hovering in the last 4 out or next 4 out bucket.

Cuse!
Rutgers probably is safe but that was a bad loss. I would not want to be in their shoes if they lost their final two games.

too bad BPI isnt the criteria, we are ahead of about 10-15 bubble teams in those rankings.

How safe is Rutgers if they finish 13-12 or Ind falling under .500 or MSU at 14-13.

Yes. Announced yesterday.

16 teams in Dallas.

Dallas GIF by Jason Clarke

Games of Interest Tuesday, March 2nd
My spirit has been temporarily revived after beating the Tar Heels. Here's what to watch tonight

• 7PM Xavier at Georgetown: dare I say it…Go Hoyas! Xavier is hanging in the last 4 in bucket. They picked up a very good home win against Creighton last time out and can couple that with an early season win over Oklahoma. A loss here hurts and makes them very vulnerable. Gtown aint going anywhere so it really is ok for them to win here.
  • 7PM Fresno State at Boise State: Boise is a last 4 bye in the latest bracket. Not likely to occur but lets root for Fresno to pull the road upset and knock Boise out.
  • 8PM Duke at Georgia Tech: What to root for here? The Yellowjackets are residing in the last 4 in bucket and Duke either in the last 4 out or more likely the next four out. It might be best to root for Ga tech to win and avoid Duke picking up a Quad 1 victory.
  • 8PM Indiana at Michigan State: Another game with less than clear rooting interests. MSU is the first team out with Lunardi and Indiana a few rungs down in the first four out group. Indiana follows this up with the season finale at Purdue. Michigan State apparently ends with a home and home vs Michigan. The good news is the loser drops.
  • 9PM Memphis at South Florida: It would be great to see Memphis lay an egg on the road here. USF stinks and a win doesn’t do much for Memphis but a loss absolutely kills their chances. Memphis sits in our range of next four out.

Looking at the ESPN bubble thread.. they have 31 teams playing for 22 spots.

of those
Syracuse needs to beat Clemson to stay in the mix

Standford/Indiana can easily fall out
Duke losing would drop them out

MSU_rutgers how many B10 teams will they take, but they seem to love them

CSU-Utah St eeh.

Memphis-SMU-Wichita eeh. Houston is just an OK team but they bring a bunch of teams up with their play

Uconn=Xavier-SH all the same. they have some wins too need a couple here to stumble

It would help if OK st doesnt win the appeal to get in too.

Drake-Boise-VCU again.. not very good teams.

dang just needed not to drop that first pitt game. I think beat the tigers and win a couple in the ACCT and we're in. If not we need help...

dang just needed not to drop that first pitt game. I think beat the tigers and win a couple in the ACCT and we're in. If not we need help...
"win a couple in the ACCT" likely means beating FSU

I have paid about 10% as much attention to this as a I normally do, so this is probably totally wrong, but if they win 3 in a row (Clemson, I guess UNC/Duke, and then FSU) they would seem to be in solid shape? Otherwise, not so much.

I have paid about 10% as much attention to this as a I normally do, so this is probably totally wrong, but if they win 3 in a row (Clemson, I guess UNC/Duke, and then FSU) they would seem to be in solid shape? Otherwise, not so much.
I personally think we have to get to the ACC Final and beat whomever round one is FSU/UVA and one more to even have a chance at an at-large.

We did very little in the nonconference, don’t have many road wins, don’t have many quad 1 wins.

I give us a 5% at an at-large.

Michigan State beat Illinois and Ohio State last week.
Beat Duke at Duke and beat Notre Dame and they aren’t even projected in the field.

I don’t get how people think we can get an at-large if I am honest.

We don’t have the quality wins.
It’s why I say we gotta win the ACCT.

Just remember that we are the defending ACC Tournament Champions.

Sorry, simulated tournament champions. As an aside I was using a random chance calculator to determine who won, so I did not fix Syracuse to win.

Michigan State beat Illinois and Ohio State last week.
Beat Duke at Duke and beat Notre Dame and they aren’t even projected in the field.

I don’t get how people think we can get an at-large if I am honest.

We don’t have the quality wins.
It’s why I say we gotta win the ACCT.
Michigan St is going to lose two games to Michigan this week. They won’t make it.

I think if we beat Clemson and win 2 ACC games we have a good shot. I don’t think it will happen, but crazier things have happened.

The fact that Seton Hall is in field on the matrix makes zero sense to me.

I personally think we have to get to the ACC Final and beat whomever round one is FSU/UVA and one more to even have a chance at an at-large.

We did very little in the nonconference, don’t have many road wins, don’t have many quad 1 wins.

I give us a 5% at an at-large.

Like I said, I haven't paid nearly enough attention. So basically, need to win 4 more games (Clemson, UNC, FSU, plus the SF). Clemson is 33 in Net, FSU is 12, Duke and UNC are on either side of 50, I figured adding 3 top 50 wins, including a top 15, would at least get us in the convo. But really, don't listen to me on this.

If that's the case, then 5% is probably too high. 4 games in a row when we're 50% to win would be about 6%.

Just remember that we are the defending ACC Tournament Champions.

Sorry, simulated tournament champions. As an aside I was using a random chance calculator to determine who won, so I did not fix Syracuse to win.

If you read some posts on here, we were about to go on a run and win the ACCT last year anyway.

I think if we beat Clemson and win 2 ACC games we have a good shot. I don’t think it will happen, but crazier things have happened.

The fact that Seton Hall is in field on the matrix makes zero sense to me.
3 Q1 wins, 5 Q1/2 wins on the road, and only one Q3 loss that is close to becoming Q2. Way better resume than us.

3 Q1 wins, 5 Q1/2 wins on the road, and only one Q3 loss that is close to becoming Q2. Way better resume than us.

I didn’t say anything about us. Seton Hall is definitely trending in the wrong direction after losing to Georgetown and Butler.

The ACC has terrible metrics and it’s killing the conference and the fact we couldn't find a way to play one game against a team that UNC beat by 50 really pisses me off.

ACC weakness and being far worse than the B10 as well as moderately worse than the BE and this is what we get unfortunately.

I didn’t say anything about us. Seton Hall is definitely trending in the wrong direction after losing to Georgetown and Butler.

The ACC has terrible metrics and it’s killing the conference and the fact we couldn't find a way to play one game against a team that UNC beat by 50 really pisses me off.

That still doesn't pass the smell test for me. They brought back Williams and had all but two very low minutes reserves for UNC which was more than they had for us. Can't play us but a few days later they can go in stronger. It may have hurt them but getting beat at home by us then creamed by UNC could have put them on the wrong side of the bubble.

Yeah I should have left out the last sentence. But they're the last team in per BM right now and I don't think I would move any of the teams out above them right now. Michigan State/Indiana is basically loser leaves town tonight.

I actually think we have a shot to get in, but we need at least 2 Q1 wins in the ACCT on top of Clemson to even be in the conversation. Factor in bid thieves and our chances get even slimmer but there is a path as of now. I hope we actively look for a Q1/2 game this weekend if we win tomorrow night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom