The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

Guys, come on. Even if we win out (which we won't) we won't get in. Three of our last 4 are teams behind us. They won't improve our overall resume. And NC will beat us up inside like they always do. We are absolutely NIT bound.
are they even going to bother having an NIT?

The NiT is going to be Indianapolis.
16 teams and they are going to be on standby in case a team in the NCAAT gets Covid one of the NIT team will slide in.

Really? If so, then I take back what I just said about opting out ha.

The NiT is going to be in Indianapolis bubble.
16 teams and they are going to be on standby in case a team in the NCAAT gets Covid one of the NIT team will slide in.
Wow, so there's a chance, we'd be on standby! A new low for the program! Hoping that some team drops out because of COVID. Our program is in the gutter.

Wow, so there's a chance, we'd be on standby! A new low for the program! Hoping that some team drops out because of COVID. Our program is in the gutter.
Will they have a CBS selection show type celebration when Rutgers gets announced for positive Covid tests?

The NiT is going to be in Indianapolis bubble.
Thought they announced the NIT will be a 16 tournament team in NYC.

Games of Interest Thursday, February 25th
  • 7PM Western Kentucky at Houston: The Hilltoppers likely will win CUSA but if they don’t we want them out of the bubble discussion. If they picked up the road win at Houston (coupled with an earlier win at Alabama) they might be tough to keep out.
  • 9PM Ohio State at Michigan State: MSU has gotten hot lately and moved into the bubble discussion. If they follow up a win against Illinois with a victory over potential #1 seed Ohio State they would move into the field. Can’t have it and need the Buckeye’s to defeat MSU.
  • 9PM Boise State at San Diego State: I think both teams are in as 9 type seeds but Boise has a little weaker profile. This is the first of two games between these two (Thursday, Saturday). A sweep by SD State could push back Boise enough to be nervous on Selection Sunday.
  • 9PM Northwestern at Minnesota: The Gophers fall in the last 4 in category. They have been tough at home but Northwestern can keep it close. A loss here would be significant to Minny. Go Northwestern!
  • 9PM Oregon at Stanford: Oregon probably falls in the 9 seed range and Stanford in the last 4 in or out bucket. We want Oregon to win here and push Stanford back to make them easier to catch should we take care of our business.

Guys, come on. Even if we win out (which we won't) we won't get in. Three of our last 4 are teams behind us. They won't improve our overall resume. And NC will beat us up inside like they always do. We are absolutely NIT bound.
These bubble predictions end up not being as accurate as you think. The committee often has a different outlook.

You are just relentlessly negative. The gutter? BC is in the gutter. Syracuse is not.

A Q1 win would be a nice place to start. The impression that 0-5 record against Q1 teams is just damning when compared to others.
Yup, Rutgers is 11 seed in most brackets, and they have like 5 or 6 quad wins.

You are just relentlessly negative. The gutter? BC is in the gutter. Syracuse is not.
I guess our gutter is a step up from BC's. But you are right, I am too negative, this place is therapy for me, to let off steam. It will be hard but I will try and clean up my act and be less negative. But, this mediocrity going on 7 years frustrates me to no end. Thank you for the reality check. There's always room for personal self-improvement.

Would have been the perfect year to add another 16 play-in games.
Play all 20 teams on Play-in Tuesday. They keep saying last 8 out. Just add 16 more teams and line them up with the 3-4 seeds. So simple. Let people be happy.

Then get a Wednesday recovery day ;)

Last edited:
if we do somehow sneak in again there is not one program in the country who fears us. in fact i think any lower seed would be thrilled to draw us. we are that beatable. and that makes me sad.

if we do somehow sneak in again there is not one program in the country who fears us. in fact i think any lower seed would be thrilled to draw us. we are that beatable. and that makes me sad.

Agreed. In past year's we were probably viewed as a dangerous low seed. This year, we appear soft and beatable in a variety of ways. I'd like to get in but we won't stay long.

Cuse

Games of Interest Thursday, February 25th
  • 7PM Western Kentucky at Houston: The Hilltoppers likely will win CUSA but if they don’t we want them out of the bubble discussion. If they picked up the road win at Houston (coupled with an earlier win at Alabama) they might be tough to keep out.
  • 9PM Ohio State at Michigan State: MSU has gotten hot lately and moved into the bubble discussion. If they follow up a win against Illinois with a victory over potential #1 seed Ohio State they would move into the field. Can’t have it and need the Buckeye’s to defeat MSU.
  • 9PM Boise State at San Diego State: I think both teams are in as 9 type seeds but Boise has a little weaker profile. This is the first of two games between these two (Thursday, Saturday). A sweep by SD State could push back Boise enough to be nervous on Selection Sunday.
  • 9PM Northwestern at Minnesota: The Gophers fall in the last 4 in category. They have been tough at home but Northwestern can keep it close. A loss here would be significant to Minny. Go Northwestern!
  • 9PM Oregon at Stanford: Oregon probably falls in the 9 seed range and Stanford in the last 4 in or out bucket. We want Oregon to win here and push Stanford back to make them easier to catch should we take care of our business.

Cuse got 4 out of 5 good results but MSU winning hurts. Absolutely have to beat Georgia Tech.

Cuse

Light night (and sad we are even thinking about this list of teams) but here are the Friday, Feb 26th games of interest

• 6PM George Washington at St. Bonaventure: GW springing the big upset would crush the Bonnies chances. Chances are low but root for the Colonials here.
  • 7PM Richmond at St. Louis: Elimination game for one of these teams at large chances. Lunardi has Richmond in the first 4 out bucket. I’m rooting for St. Louis here.
  • 7PM Drake at Bradley: A loss at Bradley would severely damage any hopes Drake has for at large bid. Again, not likely to happen but root for Bradley to protect their home court.
  • 9PM: Southern Illinois at Loyola Chicago: The Ramblers are probably getting in regardless and there is very little chance the Saluki’s pull the upset. Root for the big upset but don’t expect it.
  • 9PM: Nevada at Utah State: Lunardi has Utah State in the next 4 out bucket. Root for Nevada here and totally eliminate Utah State

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom