The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

These games are not going well for us
And you're being kind -- starting to turn into a disaster. Oregon State starts at 10:30pm -- now I guess I have to stay up unfortunately.

If McDermott wasn’t on thin ice he would call a TO and just light up his players.
7EA9A2A0-BE20-45DF-BC34-D5EC7CB3EE40.jpeg

He knows he can’t coach hard and his time is getting bullied.

This is his normal MO. Be way off with lots of stupid projections. Wait for the good bracketologists to issue updates, then copy them so his numbers don’t look so bad.

Palm must hate him.

My favourite Lunardi "fixing" happened in 2016.

That was the year that Syracuse played Pitt early in the ACC tournament -- I am guessing the 8-9 game. ESPN and Lunardi hyped it as a must-win play in game for both teams -- Lunardi said the loser was out.

So Syracuse lost and Lunardi took them out -- I think he had them as first or second out. At various point teams "X" and "Y" were behind Syracuse. As teams above the line started to screw up as they played later in tourney week and moved out, Lunardi decided that team "X" and "Y" would move ahead of Syracuse without either team even playing any games. He had to stick to his narrative. There was also San Diego St that he didn't even bother mentioning all week as a game of influence, and when they lost their conference tourney all of a sudden he brought them up and put them ahead of Syracuse as well. (I believe those teams were Oregon St and St Mary's that just jumped ahead of Syracuse after they were all done).

Then when Syracuse missed and he was embarassed because he was so adamant on Wednesday that they were done, he started to whine about the process.

Penny Hardaway is one of those coaches who complains about every single call.
He would get a T from me for complaining about every call.
It’s like Jaime Dixon. I liked him a lot as a player but man just pick your spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom