The best dunker all time | Syracusefan.com

The best dunker all time

Vince Carter in his prime was about as good as it gets, and while I grew up with Michael Jordan posters literally wallpapering my room, he had NOTHING on Dominique Wilkins, who apparently really hated rims.

For my money it was Dr J

Put up 10 better ones by anyone in a game setting

Dr. J to me has given us the 2 greatest basketball plays in the history of the sport. The under the basket scoop shot and the windmill hammer dunk from the wing makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Nothing in my opinion is even close.

The reason why is because he one use to just go right at people. Literally right at them and just hammer it over anyone. Two is he held the ball so damn high it was so hard ot actually block one of his dunks. Best ever.

those Dr J ones are cute and all(sort of being sarcastic) but holy Dominique is hurting the rim, and as much as I hate him Blake Griffin will surely have 10 dunks better than any of these

different eras though

Dr. J was a great one. I don't know how he could palm the ball the way he did. It was like he had the fingers of a gecko. Check out the dunk at about 5:18. It is shown again at the very end. He may have been even better at layups than dunks.

For my money it was Dr J

Just got goosebumps watching all those doctor j dunks. The thing with dr j is that he had absolutely huge hands that allowed him to control the ball like it was a softball.

Dominique was the nest on game dunker I have seen

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

A lot of those Erving dunks happen every game... guys like Lebron, Dwight, Blake, dunk over people constantly. The Shawn Kemp reverse, up and under dunks made my jaw drop.

For my money it was Dr J

How about Craig Forth ???

Just kidding - David Thompson may not have been the best, but he is worthy of being in any conversation.

Don't underestimate LeBron either in that category.

For my money it was Dr J

In game: Kemp, Nique, Dr J, MJ, Blake Griffin, Vince, LeBron

I'm sure there are more from earlier days, but those are the best that I've seen.

those Dr J ones are cute and all(sort of being sarcastic) but holy **** Dominique is hurting the rim, and as much as I hate him Blake Griffin will surely have 10 dunks better than any of these

different eras though
How can you possibly hate this guy?

he was before my time, but all the oldtimers say you have to put Connie Hawkins very near the top. He was initially blacklisted from the NBA and spent a few years with the Harlem Globetrotters. I have never seen any film, but the dunking exhibitions he put on for the Globetrotters were supposed to be incredible, even by modern standards (but who really knows?)

he was before my time, but all the oldtimers say you have to put Connie Hawkins very near the top. He was initially blacklisted from the NBA and spent a few years with the Harlem Globetrotters. I have never seen any film, but the dunking exhibitions he put on for the Globetrotters were supposed to be incredible, even by modern standards (but who really knows?)

Man, has the biggest hands of anyone I have ever met...

Actually, the best dunker I think I've ever seen might be Kris Bruton:

for some reason #3 is always the best in these videos

He won the 1994 (I think) college dunk contest, and I believe went on to play for the Globetrotters. Insane dunker.

Sidenote: now that I think about it, I THINK he actually got drafted by the Bulls, and I'd assume that was largely due to the exposure he got at this dunk contest.

As an aside, my cousin's best friend Susie Wynne of Camillus was Dr J's wife's personnel trainer. Susie was on the 1988 Olympic team and was two-time gold medalist at the US Championships'.

Dorsey Levens absolutely went bananas over one of my teammates in a high school game. That was pretty awesome. :)

I saw AI in the BET on a reverse oop absolutely fly. Could not believe my eyes.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom