The best dunker all time | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The best dunker all time

Best white dunker.:) Music warning!! It's loud. Loud noises. I love lamp!

Most underrated in game dunker ever...Kevin Johnson...flat out climbed the ladder in yo face!

For my money it was Dr J

Put up 10 better ones by anyone in a game setting

I remember a dunk of his, not on this video, from an NBA-ABA all-star game from the early 70's. He took off from the foul line and dunked it in traffic. The arena exploded. I also remember on interview with him from that era. When asked if he could touch the top of the backboard, he replied "Put a $20 dollar bill up there and let's find out."

And, I agree - do it in a game or it doesn't count.

Put up 10 better ones by anyone in a game setting[/quote]

A lot of strong selections, but Vince Carter, in his prime, was the most explosive dunker I ever saw.

Yes, I know that is not an NBA highlight.

Here's a picture of Darryl Griffith, jumping over a guy. LOL, he laid it in, so - technically - it's not a dunk. Shame on me!!

scrapbook-griff-jumping-over-polish-player.jpg

This was in high school. You knew a Louisville fan would have to show up, right? :)

Some great ones here. I have to vote Dominique.

A lot of strong selections, but Vince Carter, in his prime, was the most explosive dunker I ever saw.

Yes, I know that is not an NBA highlight.

Hands down the craziest in game dunk I've ever seen. Still can't believe the Knicks drafted that French stiff.

I was at a roulette table at The Palazzo in Vegas on February 4. Dr. J was there with two ladies and kept to himself. Dealer thought he was James Worthy!

he was before my time, but all the oldtimers say you have to put Connie Hawkins very near the top. He was initially blacklisted from the NBA and spent a few years with the Harlem Globetrotters. I have never seen any film, but the dunking exhibitions he put on for the Globetrotters were supposed to be incredible, even by modern standards (but who really knows?)[/quo

http://www.hoopsusa.com/frm_story.cfm?a=407

Just to add my two cents...first off grew up a fan of the Dr. Nothing like him in his time. Find tape of the old ABA, guys like Special K for instance. Connie Hawkins also had them go-go-gadget arms for gliding stretching dunks. People also forget Clyde Drexler. He wasn't The Glide for nothing. Also in agreement with above sentiments about Shawn Kemp. In his time there was nothing like him. Power, size, leaping, flying, fury, athleticism. He immediately was who I thought of as Blake Griffin hit the scene. And always, always, always there is the one and only Human Hi-light Reel, Dominique Wilkins!!!!! Nuff said.

is that number 1 drexler dunk the closest anyone's ever came to a dunk from the foul line in a game? I've never seen one from further out in a game.

this is my favorite non game dunk by a non basketball player

Dr. J, MJ, Vince Carter, etc. are definitely high on the list, but in my opinion, Dominique Wilkins is in a league of his own. He was angry at the rim when he dunked.

I agree with those who say Dominique. No one dunked with the ferocity and artistry that 'Nique did.

All of this reminds me of my favorite Raftery call of "Send it home Jerome."

Larry Nance. He is often forgotten, but he's definitely one of the best dunkers of all time.

I swear, having seen that Chambers dunk years ago, I'm not sure it's ever been topped.

For my money it was Dr J

While not the GOAT, Gus Johnson has to be considered among the best. After a great dunk they used to say "He Gus Johnsoned it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom