The Big Dipper | Syracusefan.com

The Big Dipper

SWC75

Bored Historian
Some great information in and pictures of Wilt Chamberlain in this Quora Digest thread. I think Wilt was a 7-1 version of LeBron James.

Some great information in and pictures of Wilt Chamberlain in this Quora Digest thread. I think Wilt was a 7-1 version of LeBron James.

I was a camper at Clair Bee's All America Basketball Camp in Newburgh in 1955. One afternoon 16 year old Wilt was brought in to demonstrate his skills. He dunked two balls simultaneously and stood at the back of the circle shooting making set shot after set shot. Campers were offered the opportunity to play him one-on-one. The only taker was Eddie Goldberg who was small, extremely quick and later played at SU. He could not get a shot off against Wilt.

Four years later I worked/played at Kutsher's Country Club in Monticello. The story was that Wilt had worked there as a bellhop a couple of summers before. When guests checked in, he would carry four suitcases - one in each hand and one under each arm. He drove a VW Beetle from the back seat with the driver's seat removed.

Also was a world class volleyball player

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom