The board was wondering about whether we are | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

The board was wondering about whether we are

1723840208495.gif

Sounds he can help kick start the offense if we get stuck in the muck. Again, not trying to be negative, just needed more than the article.

If he can handle and move and pass, good by me.

Yeah I didn’t take your response as negative at all. Looking forward to see what other folks know about him etc too. I’ll just say that even though he’s only 6-9 the fact he’s got a nice set of skills and is a physical presence playing in a tough Euro league definitely makes me feel a little better about our frontcourt with McLeod having just come off injury and basically staring at a skinny freshman being the emergency plan. We know how the skinny freshman playing center in a pinch has gone all too well.

Since he was 16 years old... He has been playing with college age players since what we would consider sophomore year.

Ok.

The U21 league is different than the main French league. That’s all I was pointing out

Pretty big difference too. Like suggesting a player on Arsenals U21 team played for Arsenal.

NOT BEING NEGATIVE. just trying to clarify so there’s not confusion.

Appears he’s been on the under 21 team not the SR team (which was Wembys former team fwiw)

Great program/club to be a part of though. Much better a kid playing in this league than some lesser league. Shouldn’t be a huge jump to college ball for him other than making sure he understands the rule differences ( including no pulling up on the rim). Anyone remember what league Marek was playing in? I don’t believe it was U21 but was in his home country ?

To be clear, taking a flyer upside for an open scholly, good by me.

I’m just saying, I’m not expecting much. But if he can be a role guy to help even, perfect.

Ok.

The U21 league is different than the main French league. That’s all I was pointing out

Pretty big difference too. Like suggesting a player on Arsenals U21 team played for Arsenal.

NOT BEING NEGATIVE. just trying to clarify so there’s not confusion.
I for one, wasn't confused. I know the league he was in and as I said, it's a good league.

About as good a get you can get at the end of the cycle. May not play a lot this year but he’ll play next year.

Exactly what you expect from a European player. Fundamentally sound, good low post game, nothing flashy, high IQ, gets the job done and moves onto the next play. Quite literally exactly what we needed.

Seems like Red and staff like their bigs that can pass too. This kid has a high IQ for the game and knows where the ball should be. Lampkin and Davis are the same way and very good passers for bigs. I think we’ll see some really good ball movement this year compared to last year

He'll play this year. He's too good not to.

And if the guys ahead of him are that much better that he gets relegated to the bench... we're going to be pretty @#%^% good.

I for one, wasn't confused. I know the league he was in and as I said, it's a good league.

Ok. Since you know the league, you are aware the vast majority of players in the league are under 20 years old as anyone worth a damn in Europe at 21 is in the main leagues. So saying something like “he’s been playing older players” when he was 18 and playing 19 years old is very misleading.

I wanted to make sure the rest of the board was aware he wasn’t like playing like 30 year olds with full beards

Yeah I didn’t take your response as negative at all. Looking forward to see what other folks know about him etc too. I’ll just say that even though he’s only 6-9 the fact he’s got a nice set of skills and is a physical presence playing in a tough Euro league definitely makes me feel a little better about our frontcourt with McLeod having just come off injury and basically staring at a skinny freshman being the emergency plan. We know how the skinny freshman playing center in a pinch has gone all too well.
I don't think he'd be any better an emergency C than Maliq, but he could thrive as "savior to the delulu portion of the fanbase any time Donnie has a bad game." ;)

It will be interesting to see what Petar contribute. At the very least, our practices will be more competitive with Freeman, Bell, Davis and Petar at the forward position rather than a walk-on.

It will be interesting to see what Petar contribute. At the very least, our practices will be more competitive with Freeman, Bell, Davis and Petar at the forward position rather than a walk-on.
At the very least, the very least, he gives us a guy that we can start to build our frontcourt with next year. Along with White of course.

I don't think he'd be any better an emergency C than Maliq, but he could thrive as "savior to the delulu portion of the fanbase any time Donnie has a bad game." ;)

Who knows. He’s not Maliq nor would anyone expect him to be. It’s a good add for the final roster spot. If anyone was expecting we bring in someone to challenge for starters minutes ….

Will Cuse fans confise him with Marius Josipovic or Maury Povich?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom