The board was wondering about whether we are | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

The board was wondering about whether we are

Red's going to call a press conference to tell everyone the roster is complete.

Looks like a well-balanced squad, with the addition of the Serbian. Optimistic for next year. We've got lots of pieces. I hope people stay healthy. I'm optimistic that with a more mature roster, these guys will be more coachable.

Is there any real evaluation of this kid? Not knocking the get, got to use our scholarships, but the article doesn't have too much.
Omg, it’s just an announcement. He’s an overseas kid who’s been playing professionally. I’m sure you’ll be hearing more about his skills and evaluations of his skills, along with videos, in the days ahead.

Who knows. He’s not Maliq nor would anyone expect him to be. It’s a good add for the final roster spot. If anyone was expecting we bring in someone to challenge for starters minutes ….
Oh I know. I’m glad the staff is taking a global approach to roster building and don’t expect him to be big contributor this season (or maybe even next), just having a little fun. :)

To be clear, taking a flyer upside for an open scholly, good by me.

I’m just saying, I’m not expecting much. But if he can be a role guy to help even, perfect.
Mike, you're bringing me down. :)

Even if he's not very good, Majstorovic is a tall kid with some weight on him in case one of our 4 big men go down. Any given hamstring pull, especially from Lampkin or McLeod could destroy our whole season.

His commitment prevents us from going with only 4 scholarship players that can play C/PF.

(And imo, Davis is a small forward playing out of position at PF.)

Based on some digging into stats I’ve done it would appear he struggles with fouling or his numbers would be a bit better.

He had at least 4 fouls in 14 of 34 games and fouled out 5 times. In 3 of the games he fouled out he only managed 13, 21, and 22 minutes.

Based on some digging into stats I’ve done it would appear he struggles with fouling or his numbers would be a bit better.

He had at least 4 fouls in 14 of 34 games and fouled out 5 times. In 3 of the games he fouled out he only managed 13, 21, and 22 minutes.
That actually should be OK, unless the very worse happens, we shouldn't need him more than 20 minutes. And to have another player on the roster, that just means we may be more aggressive on defense.

But, yes, if the fouls are dumb, then that probably won't help too much.

For anyone that thinks he’s a “flyer”, Red wasn’t taking a flyer on an international kid having to jump through a lot of hoops to make this happen. This kid is solid. Peter Carey was a flyer. This kid can play
This has nothing to do with highlight reels, whrre you only see the best outcomes of plays.

Anyone who watches the film can see the positive attributes this kid brings to the table. He's going to be fantastic if he sticks around for a couple of years. The tools this kid has and his hoops IQ are very high.

For anyone that thinks he’s a “flyer”, Red wasn’t taking a flyer on an international kid having to jump through a lot of hoops to make this happen. This kid is solid. Peter Carey was a flyer. This kid can play
They clearly put in a lot of work to get this guy here. Look at his efficiency numbers. This is exciting.

The anticipation helped make this a great summer thread. Great off season content!!
At the end of the day, sports is entertainment. Entertainment defined as the action of providing or being provided with amusement or enjoyment. ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!?!? Don't pretend this is about wins and losses and not the momentary fulfillment of our consciousness.

Sounds like he'd fit in well with a long list of SU centers.

220-144.
Jim Carrey Vomit GIF

Love the aggressiveness!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom