The Carrier Dome Renaming Thread... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

The Carrier Dome Renaming Thread...

For better or worse, the omission of Carrier's name will be a subject that comes up in every broadcast from the Syracuse University Dome.

For better or worse, the omission of Carrier's name will be a subject that comes up in every broadcast from the Syracuse University Dome.
I would love to hear the direction that is given to announcers when mentioning the venue on broadcasts.

Gonna be interesting to say the least...

The Period Dome?

As an aside I got an email back from Wildhack today where he connected me with SU's CMO about the possibility of selling off the roof as memorabilia. He intimated there is definite interest but they havent advanced that discussion at all. I'll let you all know if I hear anything else.

They sold pieces of the roof when they did the last replacement in the 90s. I’m literally staring at the piece I bought as I write this. So strange that this hasn’t been an obvious revenue opportunity to them .

“The donation was better than nothing and nothing was what we were dealing with,” Crouthamel said. “In retrospect from a purely financial standpoint it was not a good deal, but it was the only deal out there and that to us was sure better than nothing.”

Yikes...

Yes, but that was 40 years ago and was one of the first (if not the first) to have a "sponsored" sports facility on campus. Things have changed. That would not be the case today.

Yes, but that was 40 years ago and was one of the first (if not the first) to have a "sponsored" sports facility on campus. Things have changed. That would not be the case today.
Right. It would not happen today but it did happen 40 years ago with the naming gift. While I am sure the university has smart legal people working on this, I am pretty sure they won't just argue, "It wouldn't happen today so it is null and void." Nor will they argue, "Carrier got its money's worth so it is only fair now for them to relinquish the name." Those are more emotional than legal.

They sold pieces of the roof when they did the last replacement in the 90s. I’m literally staring at the piece I bought as I write this. So strange that this hasn’t been an obvious revenue opportunity to them .

Institutional knowledge, man. It's gone the way of the dodo. Kind of sad in the context of Joe Szombathy dying last week; they used to have 40+-year lifers in the administration and athletic department, now the industry has taken off and become a revolving door.

It's wacky that multiple fans remember the roof-plaque sale in 1999 but only 20 years later the people making decisions apparently don't.

Yes I have one of those sections too. It’s about 3” square. It’s a bitch trying to keep that thing inflated.

Institutional knowledge, man. It's gone the way of the dodo. Kind of sad in the context of Joe Szombathy dying last week; they used to have 40+-year lifers in the administration and athletic department, now the industry has taken off and become a revolving door.

It's wacky that multiple fans remember the roof-plaque sale in 1999 but only 20 years later the people making decisions apparently don't.
If they made a 10 x 10 tailgating canopy out of Dome material I would give them all the money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom