The Carrier Dome Renaming Thread... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Carrier Dome Renaming Thread...

So, contracts are void because someone got a good deal?
No- that would be an illogical premise. But circumstances do change, so if one party decides to withhold a service because of those changed circumstances, the 2nd party can always sue. But at least it’ll be on the table for possible renegotiation.

No- that would be an illogical premise. But circumstances do change, so if one party decides to withhold a service because of those changed circumstances, the 2nd party can always sue. But at least it’ll be on the table for possible renegotiation.
Also let the company who abandoned Syracuse and many other communities around the US sue the school. I don’t think it will be helpful for them.

Any chance it becomes the Upstate Shredding Dome?

Does that guy have that kind of money?

Not to get off topic but how does he have so much money from running a salvage business? Good for him but I thought the margins weren’t high in that work...

Not to get off topic but how does he have so much money from running a salvage business? Good for him but I thought the margins weren’t high in that work...

I have no idea what kind of money he actually has, that’s why I asked. Not sure.

I believe he owns a few restaurants now too.

All Syracuse needs to do is knock down a portion of the current “Dome” reconstruct it and the contract with Carrier is extinguished since the facility would be new.

This was pretty much what the initial plan was, IMO, when we saw that really cool initial concept that was connected to Archbold.

I have no idea what kind of money he actually has, that’s why I asked. Not sure.

I believe he owns a few restaurants now too.
Not sure that would exactly be how Cuse would look to do it but I will say next time they go through the process they better outsource the legal review of the construct with a firm with the right expertise and make sure the evaluation process with whom they are potentially looking to partner with is thorough.

I honestly would favor branding it "House" or "Arena" over Dome ...if we are ready to change sponsors ...

Any word on if the a/c system going in is being done by a different company, that would be an even bigger middle finger. Announcers have loved talking about how the dome has no a/c despite the name. Imagine now the announcers talk about the great a/c provided by __________ at the carrier dome.
I hope it's a trane. It can go with our touchdown whistle.

Not sure that would exactly be how Cuse would look to do it but I will say next time they go through the process they better outsource the legal review of the construct with a firm with the right expertise and make sure the evaluation process with whom they are potentially looking to partner with is thorough.
The template has been set by naming rights at other stadiums now. When the dome was built, there weren't any corporate sponser deals with expirations at that time. You can't blame them for not knowing how it would be done 25 years later.

The template has been set by naming rights at other stadiums now. When the dome was built, there weren't any corporate sponser deals with expirations at that time. You can't blame them for not knowing how it would be done 25 years later.
Sufandu if you don’t mind me asking are you an attorney and actually know that blanket statement you made above is accurate or did you sleep at a Holiday Inn Express the other night? :) So I hear ya but the concept of writing “outs”in a contract is kinda what attorneys are paid for aren’t they? So that way their client is you know not stuck in some outdated burdened agreement forever, in perpetuity. Who knows, maybe counsel on the hill called it out and they were told don’t worry about it. Seen that happen a few times. Anyway I am sure the review of anything new will be put through the ringer. It will again be interesting to see what happens with the naming rights story up there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom