The class of 2022 is very very important for our team | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The class of 2022 is very very important for our team

I dont see SU landing any of our top recruits. Maybe the guard from Philly but i dont see us leading for anyone else.
We already have a top recruit and the “kid from Philly” is a superstar...lol goofy

The portal changes everything. Nab 3 guys on the trail and 2-3 in the portal. This turnover will continue.

It didn’t hurt. Not like JB is doing any of the recruiting himself anyways.

It DID hurt, in the sense that we missed out on several recruits [Green, Tucker] during that span.

That's what fueled the perception that JBs involvement was detrimental to the tangible outcomes of recruiting. OF COURSE him being affiliated with Team USA was good publicity, but it didn't translate on the recruiting trail.

The portal changes everything. Nab 3 guys on the trail and 2-3 in the portal. This turnover will continue.
Isn't the portal chaos a one time event? That this year was the big one, it will subside in the future.

From now on there will be no freebie year, and the players only get to do it once. So most of the malcontents will have used it this year. Should be a lot less players in the portal next year, don't you think?

Isn't the portal chaos a one time event? That this year was the big one, it will subside in the future.

From now on there will be no freebie year, and the players only get to do it once. So most of the malcontents will have used it this year. Should be a lot less players in the portal next year, don't you think?
I think it will be a major factor going forward. Maybe not to this extent but it isn’t going away

I hope someone does the numbers on the portal. How many entered,how many were picked up, how many were allowed to return to their previous school and how many were left stranded with no team.

I hope someone does the numbers on the portal. How many entered,how many were picked up, how many were allowed to return to their previous school and how many were left stranded with no team.

Meh.

It's not like there are suddenly more humans playing basketball now, than before the pandemic and the portal.

And those getting an extra year, don't count against the scholarship cap, so they're NOT reducing the number of available schollies by having used another year more than they otherwise would have been entitled to.

It's the same total number of humans, and the same total number of scholarships.
347 D1 schools x 13 scholarships = 4511. Like always.

The fact that roughly 1/3 of these guys decided to play musical chairs, doesn't change the math.

I'd imagine it's gonna be a scramble at the end, as guys who haven't yet locked down where they want to go, have to settle for whatever is left like at 2am closing time.
And you rarely find an optimized relationship at 2am. :p

Meh.

It's not like there are suddenly more humans playing basketball now, than before the pandemic and the portal.

And those getting an extra year, don't count against the scholarship cap, so they're NOT reducing the number of available schollies by having used another year more than they otherwise would have been entitled to.

It's the same total number of humans, and the same total number of scholarships.
347 D1 schools x 13 scholarships = 4511. Like always.

The fact that roughly 1/3 of these guys decided to play musical chairs, doesn't change the math.

I'd imagine it's gonna be a scramble at the end, as guys who haven't yet locked down where they want to go, have to settle for whatever is left like at 2am closing time.
And you rarely find an optimized relationship at 2am. :p
One new factor--will coaches continue to fill their rosters (12-13 scholarship players), or will they go with slimmed-down contingents (10-11). The reason being, with the new transfer rules, many deep bench players (10, 11, 12, 13) will quickly head to the portal. Some coaches may think "Why should I put time, effort, and expense into developing these guys when they're going to abandon ship after one or two years?".

One new factor--will coaches continue to fill their rosters (12-13 scholarship players), or will they go with slimmed-down contingents (10-11). The reason being, with the new transfer rules, many deep bench players (10, 11, 12, 13) will quickly head to the portal. Some coaches may think "Why should I put time, effort, and expense into developing these guys when they're going to abandon ship after one or two years?".

that’s exactly what’s going to happen.

tenor.gif

I know some of yall are probably sick of Dior stuff but these are a pretty good watch. Seems like a good kid. Such a bummer he won't be in orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom