the crane the crane | Page 124 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Kind of crazy! I’m excited for the future of the roof and it’s skyline for sure, but something about just that pillow looking thing you would see In the distance Is something I will miss.

5394821F-BE3D-4F19-A6AB-65D19545DB75.jpeg

From inflated to suspended.

One thing the Craniacs failed to note was the removal of the Dome flag.

In looking at this morning’s activities I noticed that the flag was missing (which was a good thing). In scrolling back through our posted Dome shots, it appears that the flag was removed sometime between the morning of March first and the morning of March third.

is it ripping or are they inside doing something to it? if its ripping apart thats somewhat a safety concern

While the roof is getting chopped/shredded, backstay work has started in the South side of the Dome.

Unfortunately they didn't do this on a weekend, it would've been cool to have an hour to spare and just sit up on the Mount to watch the whole thing.

But I did take the opportunity to quickly walk by during the deflation this morning. I was expecting a lot more wind noise (or even movement) from the open windows in the end zones, but they only had about half of them open and any air movement was inaudible even though there wasn't much work taking place.

Definitely sad to see it go. Now hopefully they can get the panels stripped before the wind picks up again tomorrow.

Right now. Is it ripping under its own weight, or is it being ripped apart purposefully?

1584365492524.png

The latter.

The article I read quoting Pete Sala said they would remove all the panels today.

Then the cables. Dunno if that part also happens today, or not.

From the Syracuse.com article in post 3005:

Sala said the roof will be inverted when it’s brought down. Concrete weights will be brought inside to hold the roof from flopping. The roof doesn’t get any closer than about 30 feet to the floor when it’s collapsed, Sala said.

“It’ll be exactly as you see it, just the opposite way,” Sala said.

“Once the roof comes down, a contractor will remove the roof from the frame,” Sala said. “Right now it’s clamped into a framing system. They’ll cut it and take it off. It will come down when they do that.”

Sala said the Teflon-coated fiberglass structure will be removed within eight hours.Part of the roof will remain on the ground to protect the existing floor during the project, Sala said. Other pieces will be kept in storage before being shipped out for reuse.