the crane the crane | Page 136 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

The red truck was unloaded by skylar, then it pulled down and backed in across from Walt's yard...dunno where it is or if it's waiting for the yellow crane to finish with the other truck...
He's probably backed under the building waiting.

The Orange rig is finally ready to go folded up trailer and all.

No work tomorrow on the crown truss - both cranes knuckled down. :(

su night sky.png

Yes, but the pic was staged. Real workers but a staged pic.
That bottle would have been filled with water. People that were around for the depression era didn’t have excess money for water bottles so you use what you have laying around

That bottle would have been filled with water. People that were around for the depression era didn’t have excess money for water bottles so you use what you have laying around
I don’t understand how you physically sit down without falling

I don’t understand how you physically sit down without falling
I could do it on a beam 5 ft off the ground. Up that high I'd be shaking so bad I couldn't do it on something 5 ft wide.

With the cranes still down this may be a quiet day in the truss front.
Then again, maybe there’ll be some spirals delivered.

On a positive note, it looks like the last remaining material from the old roof was removed over night. Time to take down an original cable or two...

I'm watching a guy pushing around the orange and white barriers on Forestry. I assumed that they were almost like Jersey barriers and much heavier. Glad to see some activity.

I figured today would be a re-positioning of spirals and or girders, backstay work with the smaller cranes, and perhaps the beginning of removing the inside cables.

I was on campus yesterday to move my daughter out of Lawrinson. Her room was on the 19th floor overlooking the Dome - essentially the same view as the live cam. I was very distracted from my tasks so that we took the entire 3 hour allotment to get cleared out.
It was a strange day on several fronts: the sight of a roofless Dome, moving out of a dorm mostly devoid of people, campus being mostly empty, thruway rest stops that were pretty empty and the electronic traffic signs on the thruway that were reminiscent of doomsday movies that read "stay home, save lives, reduce the spread of virus".
Like the cranes, we need to knuckle down, whether the wind and be ready to get back up quickly when this is past.

Cuomo just said no non essential work force. Goodbye Dome for Sept unless this goes much faster then thought.