the crane the crane | Page 137 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

depends on the state, construction is essential in many states.
Not optimistic on that. I will say NYState is testing more then anyone so hopefully we will flatten curve quicker.

Says "Construction including..." so I assume Dome is safe.

9. Construction including

• skilled trades such as electricians, plumbers
  • other related construction firms and professionals for essential infrastructure or for emergency repair and safety purposes

• other related construction firms and professionals for essential infrastructure or for emergency repair and safety purposes

I'm not so sure. The Dome probably doesn't qualify as "essential infrastructure." The skilled trades exemption is more applicable to necessary repair work and whatnot.

i thought skilled trades were additions to the general construction guidelines.

i thought skilled trades were additions to the general construction guidelines.

that was my reading of it too but obviously up for some debate. I took construction as a whole to be exempt and then the including clarified.

Just wonder because of Dome being open and not designed for such there could be exception.

Are there workers out there today can’t tell from my iPhone

Not optimistic on that. I will say NYState is testing more then anyone so hopefully we will flatten curve quicker.
But flattening the curve means extending it out longer so as to avoid a spike.
I sure hope this project is declared essential.

that was my reading of it too but obviously up for some debate. I took construction as a whole to be exempt and then the including clarified.
He spoke again an hour ago. He may have made it more strict.

Cuomo just said no non essential work force. Goodbye Dome for Sept unless this goes much faster then thought.

Doesnt that apply to people that work primarily out of an office?

I sell shingles, siding, and windows/doors to remodelers and builders. We ARE essential. Which is BS. Getting your roof or siding done right now is not essential.
A roof that's leaking isn't essential?

A roof that's leaking isn't essential?
yes that's the ONE exception. As a rule, you don't really move shingles all winter because you need temps to allow for self sealing.

The Dome in it's current state isn't safe. It has to be completed. It should be exempt.

That bottle would have been filled with water. People that were around for the depression era didn’t have excess money for water bottles so you use what you have laying around

Don't think so. His letter to his wife, which accompanied the picture he sent, said don't worry, as she could see, he still had his bottle. I don't believe anyone treated water that way back then. Apparently, most of the construction workers were hard asses and hard drinkers.

What's the deal with the girder that sits in the driveway to the equipment entrance to the Dome? It's been there for weeks. Was is sent out of sequence?

su sunset.jpg

Just a thought, those cranes can't sit there idle if construction on the dome were to get shut down. I would expect this project to get an exemption from the state.

Weather for Sat. 3/21

2.svg

33°

Mostly Sunny
Morning

Wind: NW at 14 mph

Wind Gusts: 24 mph

Humidity: 47%

Dew Point: 11° F

Cloud Cover: 15%

Visibility: 10 mi

Probability of Precipitation: 0%

Precipitation: 0.00 in

Rain: 0.00 in

Snow: 0.0 in

Ice: 0.00 in

Afternoon
37°

Mostly sunny
Wind: NW at 10 mph

Wind Gusts: 15 mph

Humidity: 35%

Dew Point: 9° F

Cloud Cover: 7%

Visibility: 10 mi

Probability of Precipitation: 0%

Precipitation: 0.00 in

Rain: 0.00 in

Snow: 0.0 in

Ice: 0.00 in

Close in the A.M. on Wind - the afternoon looks great.