the crane the crane | Page 141 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Good to see progress here. I wonder what they used to cut through those cables?
After watching the machine cutting down trees at the ground level for the new Amazon warehouse, I’m not surprised they have something to cut the cables.

It appears that additional cuts have been made to the right of the first cuts.

seems like they are doing something out of site.. the cables are rising during all of this.

snowy sunset.jpg

Just received this text from a cousin who lives in Quebec: "Only essential businesses are open. All construction sites to be closed for 3 weeks starting tomorrow along with non essential manufacturing and everyone is very strongly encouraged to stay home and surprisingly the large majority are listening."

Will this affect Walt?

It's 8:11P.M. and I thought I would take a look through the lens of the LC. The snow has stopped, the streets are now clear of all snow, you can see clearly and one of the things I see that I hadn't today is the number of large scaffolds just below the box girders beginning with the last one directly across from the LC. Counting from that one and including it there are 5 count 'em, 5 large scaffolds or more - Walt's boom is in the way to count 6 beneath each one as far as you can see. Looks like they will be doing work tomorrow on those scaffolds. They have still not taken the yellow lifting collars off the last three spirals. I hope the forecast stays as mentioned and we get spirals up then girders on the West side and continue around the corner

Just received this text from a cousin who lives in Quebec: "Only essential businesses are open. All construction sites to be closed for 3 weeks starting tomorrow along with non essential manufacturing and everyone is very strongly encouraged to stay home and surprisingly the large majority are listening."

Will this affect Walt?
From a post today from syracuse.com:
Syracuse Senior Associate Vice President for Communications Sarah Scalese said in an e-mail on Monday that work would continue on the Carrier Dome, and workers walked around the area in orange and yellow vests on Monday morning. Vehicles rumbled around the site. The two large cranes had their arms raised high into the air.

The types of workers listed as essential by Cuomo include “construction, including skilled trades such as electricians and plumbers” as well as “other related construction forms and professionals for essential infrastructure or for emergency repair and safety purposes.”

I know this may not address the workers in Montreal but I surely hope this project continues. Perhaps this considers only those sites in Quebec?

I know this may not address the workers in Montreal but I surely hope this project continues. Perhaps this considers only those sites in Quebec?

The "non essential manufacturing" got my attention.

From a post today from syracuse.com:
Syracuse Senior Associate Vice President for Communications Sarah Scalese said in an e-mail on Monday that work would continue on the Carrier Dome, and workers walked around the area in orange and yellow vests on Monday morning. Vehicles rumbled around the site. The two large cranes had their arms raised high into the air.

The types of workers listed as essential by Cuomo include “construction, including skilled trades such as electricians and plumbers” as well as “other related construction forms and professionals for essential infrastructure or for emergency repair and safety purposes.”

I think the article orangetom is quoting definitely only refers to businesses based in Quebec. The concerns is whether ADF, the Montreal based steel fabricator that makes the spirals and girders, has completed fabrication of all the remaining pieces needed. I have great confidence the remaining pieces are not on site and given the reports ADF has been working day and night to meet the deadlines and allow the project to complete on time, I think there is real reason for concern here. Hopefully ADF does defense work, is considered an essential business, and will be allowed to complete their work on the crown truss.

The problem is, if even one girder is missing, and the crown truss is not complete, it is useless and cannot be used to support the new roof. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is an all or nothing type thing. Hoping if ADF has been shut down, the spirals and girders needed have been finished and just need to be shipped to Syracuse.

Will this affect Walt?
Not sure, but heavy steel manufacturing seems essential to me.

Looks like last back stay is being attached. I would hope we see a girder on the east side and a spiral and girder on the west side.