the crane the crane | Page 142 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

so are the cables all down to the point of somewhat touching the 2nd deck or that just an illusion? sure looks like the cable at the 50 is on the concrete.

that backstay at the SE end is just about to go in. we got a chance for a 2 girder day this afternoon

Last edited:
so are the cables all down to the point of somewhat touching the 2nd deck or that just an illusion?
I think that the upper group have all been cut so that their weight is now resting on the lower group, stretching them a bit? I don't think they're touching the concrete as yet...

Edit: nope...I think they're all being cut and are resting on concrete now...my apologies...

well the LC just got turned around by somebody with a brown sleeve and now we have a great pic of the cemetery- oops - now back on the Dome

Someone tell Bees to put the camera back the way it was. When it a minute ago, he turned to back but it's too far to the right.

Also, he should get a new Carhartt. That one had holes in the sleeve.

We now have a better view of the east side and Forestry to view the crown truss being erected. Although we can't see all of the main yard. the camera is now too far to the right.

Last edited:
That new spiral they just out the collar on will be next and I have a feeling the op is just itching to get going on getting it up top.

not sure why we need to see the greenhouses better but o well.

Maybe the plan is hide the trucks that are getting unloaded?

The "Brown Jacket Arm" a new Syracuse in house production about the "missing at the moment crew" who messed with the LC and the campus police are looking for him has adjusted the LC too far to the right and we are missing most of Walt's main yard!? Maybe it was adjusted as I mentioned before to have a better view up Forestry and all the work that will be taking place there? or maybe if I complain enough they'll put it back where it was - but I am not holding my breath on that one.

Last edited:
well the LC just got turned around by somebody with a brown sleeve and now we have a great pic of the cemetery- oops - now back on the Dome
Context clues are telling me you mean Lawrinson with LC, but it could also be Link. We need a differentiation.

A crew of two is up in the support bucket of a four wheeled telescopic crane welding the point of the backstay directly in front of the LC. Lunchtime is way past over - what are we waiting for?

They need to move that camera back to the left. Need to see what's going on in Walt's yard!

Lifting straps are attached. Also see workers on the rim along the north side of the dome.

At the moment I do not see any crew at the top of this diagonal portion of the dome to receive the spiral - they seem to materialize out of thin air.

Maybe they are waiting for the crew to finish welding the point of the backstay - since they are all interconnected - could be - or for safety reasons?

The two in the support platform of the telescopic crane are helping this spiral along

At the base of each spiral is - on center - a flange that fits into a female slot at the top - looks like they are working on that