the crane the crane | Page 185 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Is Walt prepping a girder? He just lowered a piece of railing just below the screen to where the cable has been lowered to for 45 minutes or so.

Stupid zoomed in camera. Grrrr....

No paparazzi.
Is Walt prepping a girder? He just lowered a piece of railing just below the screen to where the cable has been lowered to for 45 minutes or so.

Stupid zoomed in camera. Grrrr...
Was about to post the same thing. I'm guessing they are prepping a girder below the view of the camera.

It’s been frustrating to watch the lack of truss progress the past week. Since the end of last Wednesday, only three spirals have gone up and they all went up in the past 24 hours.
Good Friday, Easter weekend time off?

Walt has lifted a red carrier with one crew and supplies up to the girder with the lightning rod. Seems there's more work to do on the girders as scaffold platforms are up on at least five that I can see - more bolt tightening? There are two crew on the scaffold ready to receive whatever he's got.

Flatbed entered the gate B entry with what look like brown steel like u channels? hard to tell from the LC

Another load of what looks like steel channels of some kind backed through the blue overhead @ 1:33 P.M.

Walt's counterweight tray is fully loaded so whenever a spiral or girder is ready he is too.

The boom of the smaller yellow crane has come into view in the yard and its block and hook are ready to pick up something

Just loaded its hook with some straps - crane now backing out of the view

Another load with the red carrier up to the girder with the lightning rod. The yellow cranes boom is in the view with straps ready to unload or load.

At the same time all work has ben happening a forklift has been bringing white bags loaded with trash? and depositing them in the left corner as we look at it under the ramps going up to the Dome and now a yellow larger forklift has begun to lift the bags and deposit saw just the first one into an empty red dumpster also in the corner under the ramp.

Now they are emptying all the white bags into the red dumpster and saving the plastic bags for another run? Good! Less plastic to be found in Antarctica. Quick work - there had to be at least 20 bags.

Last edited:
Sorry - had to take a break - Looks like they are unloading the counterweight tray with the yellow crane. The previous LC view would have shown they are stacked parallel to Irving along the inside fence.

I think I posted on this earlier today. Pete Sala was quoted in a story a while ago, in the early stages of building the crown truss, where he said something to the effect of

The crown truss is the easy part. The hardest part of the project will come after that, when it comes time to put the new roof on.

That isn't a direct quote but he said something along those lines. It looks like the pieces will be a lot smaller and lighter but there will be a lot more of them. Even after the roof has been completed, they had a lot of work to do getting the lights in, the sound system, the center hung scoreboard, the new wifi system?, getting all the protection removed, cleaning up the floor and getting the new turf installed and marked.

It is going to be a crazy spring and summer. Going to miss watching things from these cameras as the new roof is put in place.

I hope...

1) there is a football season at the end of the rainbow

and

2) they install a couple of live stream cameras inside the dome so we can follow along as work progresses. There are a lot of bored people who would watch. I know a couple of them well. ;)
An idea! Maybe tomcat could use his connections to ask for or remind someone that the cameras could be installed now or as soon after the Crown Truss is complete so we don't miss a thing. I want to see the pieces of the roof come together and be installed and maybe by giving SU some lead time they could decide where to place the cameras, etc., etc. This may need electrical help. Maybe they could borrow some TV cable from Newhouse!? :)

But we are missing things! Inside the Dome now are two cranes and they're moving and lifting - I can see the booms from the LC. Too bad we can't have until the CT is finished a click on this thingee that you click on and the camera moves 360 and you can see everything that is going on tho' maybe not in real time. An example is page 182, post #4532. Moontan's post - don't know how he got it up there or how it works but it's definitely cool.

I had a camaro in the 70's. Metallic blue with white interior.
Legacy - way off the subject of today which is the Dome - what ever happened to that metallic blue 70's Camaro with the white interior you had???

They are really moving some equipment/material in and out of the stadium today.

@ 3:24 a new girder is rolling up Forestry. She's a big one, brand new with the sun glinting off her white, metallic skin.

Last edited:
I think the unloading of Walt's counterweight tray today is the initial part of the sequence in dismantling Walt. We'll see. It's been discussed before about his leaving and he's still here - worked today so maybe, maybe not.

Another load of what looks like metal u channels backing in through the blue door entry. tomcat any ideas on what these are this is the 4th or 5th load today.?

Another day with little done on the truss. It looks like they won’t finish this week. Sala said the truss would be done by early April. It looks like another week before they get it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom