the crane the crane | Page 187 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Only 2, actually. 3 spirals, 2 girders and then we can remove the backstays and get the roof up
No, it’s still 3:

E9DDCB39-9A48-4574-BB01-25C06EA82D6A.jpeg

I think some of what we see in the dome is laid out cable prepping for the next phase. If I understand correctly, Redaelli Cable of Milan manufactured the cable which Pfeifer used to fabricate pieces for the dome. If you like machines and processes, here's a video from Redaelli:

Good thing they got the girder up when they did! 2 count em 2 girders to go!

Current Weather

1:09 PM
33°
RealFeel® 15°

RealFeel Shade™ 13°

Heavy snow
UV Index: 2 Low
Wind: W at 25 mph

Wind Gusts: 30 mph

Cloud Cover: 95%

Visibility: 3 mi

Ceiling: 3900 ft

No, it’s still 3:

View attachment 179775

NOPE. Where you have "1", just needs another spiral for the arrowhead to complete it.

There will be another arrowhead above "2".

Then a girder from "3" to "2", and the other girder from "1" to "2", and DONE. :cool:
2 girders to go!!

(and 3 spirals)

Gird(er) your loins!!! ;)

Man, those mysterious brown things stacked in the Dome sure look like part of the mass of RR ties that will be used to protect the floor from the weight of a bigger crane.

Walt just lowered the red carrier out of our view back into the yard. Like yesterday he's carrying stuff the crews need on the platforms / just below each girder. It is just out of our view. Also they are dumping white bags of trash into the red dumpster again today and saving each bag.

Walt just lifted another (something) but with the snow it's too hard to see what it is but he's servicing two crew on a scaffold/platform directly across from the LC.

NOPE. Where you have "1", just needs another spiral for the arrowhead to complete it.

There will be another arrowhead above "2".

Then a girder from "3" to "2", and the other girder from "1" to "2", and DONE. :cool:
2 girders to go!!

(and 3 spirals)

Gird(er) your loins!!! ;)
I agree. This is the mistake I made on the north side. For the east, west, and diagonal walls, the girders are aligned exactly with the columns. There is always a vertical spiral. There is a clean 1:1 correlation between columns and girders.

For the north and south walls, they use a different setup. The spirals are all diagonal and they meet in the middle of each column. So when the last upside down (arrowhead) is completed, there will be a gap for one girder on both sides of it.

Those blue things on the sidewalk are actually a new product from a company called Blue Horseshoe. they are a type of new treadmill for the crew to use to get extra cardio while working on the roof inside the Dome. ;)
(I have no idea what they are).

tomcat - any idea what the crew is up to on the scaffold across from the LC that Walt has been taking or receiving material to take back down. The surveying is complete so I don't know what they are working on - tightening bolts??

I am in the 3 spiral 2 girder camp too.
And I’m still sticking to the 3 girders. ;)
Here’s another picture. I believe that #4 was installed today, leaving 1, 2 & 3.
If I’m wrong then they’ll be done a day or so earlier.

C4EE6BD9-C666-4881-ADC0-C87AA99894BA.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom