the crane the crane | Page 208 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Yeah, the cable was made by Raedelli Cable hq'd in Milan...their manufacturing plants are in northern Italy where they had the worst of the Covid outbreak. At least that's what was said in one of the videos on the dome project site. Their posted projects are impressive...
I think the cable may have been manufactured in Trieste.

Last edited:
Why is there smoke coming out of the Carrier Dome?
And what are the names of Walt and Skylar's Crane kids who are running around and lifting those people up to the crown truss? They do good work and one day will grow into a full grown crane.
There are a couple of smoke stacks in the middle of the elevator addition. It looks like they might be burning paper waste. That would be my guess.

rope for new Fleckalmbahn in Kitzbühel

Gampenbahn with Teufelberger-Redaelli technology

OttoMets smaller than these rolls?

Last edited:
Quick update. Skylar has been knuckled down. Winds of up to 21 and 20 mph are forecast for today and tomorrow. Probably not a lot of work is going to get done in the air for a while.

It looks like work actually installing the new roof won't stay until May.

Probably about two-thirds of that diameter and one-third of the height. So yeah, quite a bit smaller.
Perhaps small coils, precut for a specific place with ends already installed?

Thx, Bill. You're the official ambassador for the Craniaks. Does anyone know what they're lifting right now - that weird yellow thing. It might be in the thread but I'm being lazy and not searching through 208 pages.
I think it's the remains of Walt...the last to go...

Thank you, Bill. I think that in this time of lockdown, it's even more important to engage fans. There are lots of eyes looking for things to watch. Why not provide something SU related?

The following is John Wildhack's assistant Mary Kelly's e mail to me this morning. I have not yet discussed this with tomcat so perhaps there is still hope. My initial idea is to have everyone who wants to write a letter. There is always strength in numbers. Please hold off until I have a chance to discuss this with tomcat. Thank you all for the likes and your support. BillSU

Good morning, Mr. Phillips,

Mr. Wildhack and Mr. Sala have discussed the camera. The plan is to leave it as it is.

Be well and stay safe.

Mary
Mary E. Kelly
Assistant to John Wildhack, Director of Athletics
Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
T 315.443.8705 M 315.403.1044
mekell06

Manley Field House
1301 E. Colvin St., Syracuse, NY 13244-5020
syracuse.edu | cuse.com

Syracuse University

...From: WILLIAM J PHILLIPS <swike7ct@comcast.net> Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 9:21 PM To: John Wildhack <jwildhac> Subject: Dome camera(s) April 29, 2020 Dear Mr. Wildhack, My name is Bill Phillips a '68 graduate of the school of Industrial Design. I have been, since the beginning of t…

tomcat - doesn't look like we are getting a camera. Any ideas? Bill :mad: I don't get this one - amazing! My guess about why they will not provide a camera for the interior and roof is a mystery. A camera would have provided a great deal to Craniacs and all others interested in the Dome project. I am disappointed and would like to try again if you think it would make a difference.

Last edited:
The following is John Wildhack's assistant Mary Kelly to me this morning. I have not yet discussed this with tomcat so perhaps there is still hope. My initial idea is to have everyone who wants to write a letter. There is always strength in numbers. Please hold off until I have a chance to discuss this with tomcat. Thank you all for the likes and your support. BillSU

Mr. Wildhack and Mr. Sala have discussed the camera. The plan is to leave it as it is.

Be well and stay safe.

Mary
Mary E. Kelly
mekell06

Manley Field House
syracuse.edu | cuse.com

Syracuse University

...From: WILLIAM J PHILLIPS <swike7ct@comcast.net> Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 9:21 PM To: John Wildhack <jwildhac> Subject: Dome camera(s) April 29, 2020 Dear Mr. Wildhack, My name is Bill Phillips a '68 graduate of the school of Industrial Design. I have been, since the beginning of t…

tomcat - doesn't look like we are getting a camera. Any ideas? Bill :mad: I don't get this one - amazing! My guess about why they will not provide a camera for the interior and roof is a mystery. A camera would have provided a great deal to Craniacs and all others interested in the Dome project. I am disappointed and would like to try again if you think it would make a difference.

SU Athletic Department: "Please give us your money right away to buy tickets for a football season that probably won't happen."

Also SU Athletic Department: "We're not really down with communicating with paying customers, but when we absolutely must, we make our secretary do it with a two-sentence reply."

I mean, there are definitely more important things going on right now than a livestream inside the dome of cables being laid out.
There is, but it would take 2 hours for a low level worker to set up a camera and live stream on YouTube. Promote it a bit and try to get a few more season tickets paid for.

Talk about a wow factor
The only two-sided oval center-hung video board in an NFL stadium, the Oculus is the only 4k end-to-end video production in sports. It also has the largest LED content playback system ever deployed. Every face/display can be uniquely programmed with live content, statistics or animated content. The idea of having a dual-sided display is that no matter where a fan sits in the stadium, they will have a video surface in front of them.”

>ALERT TO ALL CRANIACS AND THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE WORK PROGRESSING INSIDE THE DOME< THIS MESSAGE IS NOT ONLY INTENDED FOR MEMBERS, GRADUATES AMONG YOU, BUT FOR THOSE LURKERS OUT THERE AND PEOPLE WHO GENUINELY CARE ABOUT WATCHING HISTORY AS IT IS HAPPENING !!!!

Request:
We would like a camera inside the Dome to observe the creation of the new ROOF and eventually its installation. Some of you who have been here since the beginning have responded to my email to John Wildhack. Thank you! The reply to me this morning is obvious in the post above. Brevity exemplified!!

Tomcat and I have decided that it would be best if ALL OF YOU who would like to observe what's going on inside the Dome should WRITE YOUR OWN INDIVIDUAL EMAIL to John Wildhack with your own message to make a positive impression on he and Mr. Sala. Sometimes numbers speak very effectively and we had a lot of you speak in your posts since November over 5,200 posts. Remember, our request is quite simple - we would like a camera a la Lawrinson. Send your email to: jwildhac
This is John Wildhack, Athletic Director, Syracuse University. The site will not allow me to complete his address. If you can type the at symbol then the first three letters in syracuse a dot then edu, you've got it. Or look it up in the Syracuse Athletics Department directory. It's right there with his smiling face next to it. Sorry for all this about the address guess they are trying to keep it private. Here we go but close it up:
j w i l d h a c @ s y r . e d u

If you are not familiar with the details please read my email to him in post #5,187 above or if you have questions, please post to either me or tomcat and we will try to be as helpful as possible.

Some information about John. When you read the post above note that Mr. Wildhack was very positive about the camera. I do not wish to post blame but perhaps Mr. Sala is very stressed because of all of his responsibilities and does not see the value in this situation. Or it could be that he doesn't know where to plug the camera in. ;)

PLEASE DO THIS ASAP! Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Sorry if its been mentioned already. But do we do know what type of video screen/board we are putting up? Thanks!

Craniacs request: Everyone please go to post #5194 above. Please read it then send your email. There was a problem in that this site will not let me type Wildhack's email address. It is keeping it private but I believe everyone should understand it now. Thank you! :)

Last edited:
The following is John Wildhack's assistant Mary Kelly's e mail to me this morning. I have not yet discussed this with tomcat so perhaps there is still hope. My initial idea is to have everyone who wants to write a letter. There is always strength in numbers. Please hold off until I have a chance to discuss this with tomcat. Thank you all for the likes and your support. BillSU

Be well and stay safe.

Mary
Mary E. Kelly
mekell06

Manley Field House
syracuse.edu | cuse.com

Syracuse University

In the era of social distancing...they don't want any evidence of violations...just my guess

Would almost bet on this...tooo many people out there that would freak out and likely cause the project to get shut down
Think Cuomo is going to start opening up or broadening the criteria for essential workers mid May. Maybe we can get the cam then