the crane the crane | Page 213 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

So was the dimension of the new Scoreboard that was on TV today something that was really mention before? I lost track of all the things in this project 62x20 but it also is a square too correct?

These episodes also brought back the memories of the shoe battles.. Air jordans were by far the worst shoes I ever tried to play in.. Converse shoes were so much more comfortable at the time. Jordans were like playing with cardboard on your feet.. But Converse took a beating and went downhill soon after.. Still never could stand the Nike shoes though, You pretty much had to buy them but they were all awful and still are.

Ephesus was poised to be a corporate sponsor for athletics. They should have worked it out.
I don’t think you understand the situation. When the new owners took over, everything changed. They did not see the value in winning this contract. They had no interest in establishing a relationship with Syracuse University. SU wanted to work with the local company but they decided the deal was not good enough for them and demanded changes at the last minute. You can’t do that in a competitive market. Not with a pandemic going on.

This is on Signify.

We are fortunate that there was a terrific competitor to turn to. Musco will do a great job. I bet they eventually win contracts to light all the other SU athletic facilities too. Signify made some people in Iowa very happy.

honestly this change shouldn’t shock anyone. Syracuse never does the wow thing. There is a clear difference in the two products and once again the players and fans have lost. This will be the first of many. Bright side is that we have lights. I could have seen Syracuse making it mandatory to keep your cell flashlights on during the game while renaming the stadium the Ephesus dome

honestly this change shouldn’t shock anyone. Syracuse never does the wow thing. There is a clear difference in the two products and once again the players and fans have lost. This will be the first of many. Bright side is that we have lights. I could have seen Syracuse making it mandatory to keep your cell flashlights on during the game while renaming the stadium the Ephesus dome

JHC...did you even bother to read TC's post above yours before you posted? This is not on SU...

How much difference is there in these companies in what that can do? There could be differences in what they design, but thats also on the client to be prepared to ask.

I mean look at the crazy xmas light stuff people do on their own, Musco can do most anything we would have wanted and since we have no idea what SU wanted to get done there really is no way to know how much the project has changed.

Has SU ever done the wow thing? For all we know they want a system that just turns on and off with no colored lights at all.. There seems to have been no plan for outside lighting in this phase anyway.

I wouldn't bother. This particular poster just regurgitates the same theme over and over whether it's factual or not.
Maybe because the same theme has been going on at su for years. Remember the only horse in town comment. That still rings true. This university does the bare minimum to advance. Sure they finally bucked up and brought in Dino and it looks like they are funding him properly now but that is the exception to the rule. Also that post was a joke. Hello the carrier dome with no ac. But yeah I’m the Only negative Nancy On this board.

personally i lost all interest in the dome renovation when miner turned down money and su went to the current roof. that said the thing that is most important to me is the ac, and seating. nothing else is of great concern, and i still have my season tickets. my biggest hope is that dino starts to get the recruiting right and we keep the pee troughs.

honestly this change shouldn’t shock anyone. Syracuse never does the wow thing. There is a clear difference in the two products and once again the players and fans have lost.
i read your posts about the lights and I get depressed. Then I read tomcats rebuttals and I feel better. Honestly don’t know who is closer to the truth.

From the article above:

While some fans have enjoyed following the project from afar via the school’s webcam, Sala said that the outdoor view likely will remain the only way to follow the project. He doesn’t anticipate installing one so that fans can monitor the interior work.

“We aren’t planning on (a webcam) right now,” Sala said. “It’s not something we’ve done on any construction site at Syracuse University. We don’t put web cameras inside the buildings. Not a huge fan.”

The outdoor camera was fun. I don’t know that they need an indoor camera. Some regular articles from the PS with up-to-date photos works too.

Ah, didn't realize you were a commercial lighting expert. Can you do us a favor and enlighten us on the difference between the two products? I'm interested to hear why one is better than the other.

Ephesus was poised to be a corporate sponsor for athletics. They should have worked it out.
It seems like the parent company was calling the shots, so there may have been no sponsorship from Europe.

debbie-downer.png

I haven't seen the finished product yet. Have you?

Opening Day is Sept 19. If you're underwhelmed, feel free to express your opinion on the 20th.

Don't waste everybody's time "pre-complaining" in May.

Ah, didn't realize you were a commercial lighting expert. Can you do us a favor and enlighten us on the difference between the two products? I'm interested to hear why one is better than the other.
One does large, big time projects and has the most up to date lighting technology. The other is what su is now using.

I'm not saying that musco won't do a nice job, they just aren't on the same level in tech or resume.

You can look up the differences for yourself, you don't have to be an engineer or expert to understand. Does SU need the top of the line, who knows, but would have been cool!

One does large, big time projects and has the most up to date lighting technology. The other is what su is now using.

I'm not saying that musco won't do a nice job, they just aren't on the same level in tech or resume.

You can look up the differences for yourself, you don't have to be an engineer or expert to understand. Does SU need the top of the line, who knows, but would have been cool!

I have looked at their portfolio and they have done many NFL, Soccer, Rugby stadiums around the world as well and recently so I think they have a clue as to newer tech.

If I knew nothing about the project, I doubt I'd walk into the dome in Mid-September and say "wow SU really skimped on the lighting!"

Can you see the players on the court/field? Yes.

Does it really matter if we can't project starting lineups on the court? You can't do that anyways when it's a noon game...

Whoops maybe take the orange colored glasses off and head to the two websites. It’s clear as day which project is better. This isn’t a Pepsi vs coke. There Is a clear difference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom