the crane the crane | Page 215 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Well what is the risk then? If you are going to argue SU screwed this up then what is the correlation? How does it impact the programs and school itself. All I see are some opinions complaining about their personal dissappointment. I don't see where there is something that clearly says this is a mistake that will cost the university significantly.

I haven't said SU screwed this up, or anything along the lines of how this will cost SU, but simply sharing my disappointment. I think others here also share that disappointment sentiment with Ephesus being in our backyard along with what they are doing with these most recent billion dollar NFL stadiums etc. I mean, it would've been awesome having the Dome, SU, etc. affiliated with that.

I haven't said SU screwed this up, or anything along the lines of how this will cost SU, but simply sharing my disappointment. I think others here also share that disappointment sentiment with Ephesus being in our backyard and what they are doing with these most recent billion dollar NFL stadiums etc. I mean, it would've been awesome having the Dome, SU, etc. affiliated with that.

That's fair. And my comment wasn't just to you as I know at least one other person is painting this as more than just a personal dissappointment.

Lol I don't think the recruits are picking their school based on the "intensity of whites" or the "warmer hues" that Ephesus offers...
No but it all adds up. locker rooms, lighting... the glitz and glam might be enough to get a few game changing recruits not having those definitely will factor. We are talking about this now what are we going to say in ten or twenty years when the 2020 outdated renovation has been sitting around. Yes anything they do for us will be better then before. No one is arguing that. But a recruit making a decision all of these short comings will factor in

"pre-complaining" good one - LOL.
I haven't seen the finished product yet. Have you?

Opening Day is Sept 19. If you're underwhelmed, feel free to express your opinion on the 20th.

Don't waste everybody's time "pre-complaining" in May.

How can they walk away from a signed contract? Penalty clause?
To me the article came off as bad press by Ephesus new owner's...

And as someone who negotiates contracts I would walk away too.

I pulled this out of my archives to add a word.
CA934D3E-48EF-4CBE-A6F0-20595D86603D.jpeg

we dont even know how much of the glitzt stuff was even in the original project. maybe we were paying for a B level install and now we get a A level install ? how do we know? We were not spending top of the line money to build a palace here

Sorry if it's already been posted, but has any info come out on who is doing the sound system work. IMO that is a bigger problem than the video boards.

No but it all adds up. locker rooms, lighting... the glitz and glam might be enough to get a few game changing recruits not having those definitely will factor. We are talking about this now what are we going to say in ten or twenty years when the 2020 outdated renovation has been sitting around. Yes anything they do for us will be better then before. No one is arguing that. But a recruit making a decision all of these short comings will factor in

I would happily chart it out if you have the raw data that proves your thesis.

Good point, I could definitely see a few kids pick SU over Penn State if we had Ephesus lighting and orange LEDs on the crown truss.

Sorry if it's already been posted, but has any info come out on who is doing the sound system work. IMO that is a bigger problem than the video boards.

It hasn't been posted here, or anywhere that I'm aware. This company/product is seeing a lot of action in regards to stadiums across the country, new & renos. Hit the "Portfolio" tab/pull down at the top, then select "stadium list" to see their resume.

Good point, I could definitely see a few kids pick SU over Penn State if we had Ephesus lighting and orange LEDs on the crown truss.
If this doesn’t make a difference why are there all these recruiting stories from the 70s of coaches driving by arch in the middle of the night and not showing recruits where they are going to play. They recognized the issue and built the dome. How many recruits said they came here to play in the dome. Jb has been on record numerous times saying that. That was back then now all these kids want is to see their name in lights and be a star. You really think this stuff doesn’t make a difference?! If you disagree you’re not being honest or are completely out of touch.

Sorry, but this is likely backward. The reason that big construction projects often have multiple angles of streaming views is because the contractor wants them: it's free advertising.

I have little doubt that Sala's a major factor in the lack of cameras.
The contract with the contractor normally calls for them having complete control over the construction site during said construction. I can not say definitively that this is the case here, but it would be a reasonable assumption.

we dont even know how much of the glitzt stuff was even in the original project. maybe we were paying for a B level install and now we get a A level install ? how do we know? We were not spending top of the line money to build a palace here

Well, based upon that Syracuse.com article from October I've posted recently, and quotes from Sala, it certainly doesn't appear from my interpretation that SU was settling for any type of Plan B, but rather a top of the line, A level install. Otherwise why would he be referencing it in the particular context that he did?

"I think we’re under contract with everybody. It’s no secret anymore we’re working with O’Connell Electric. Ephesus (Lighting) will be a sub-contractor to them. They’re in the process of putting the lights up in (football) stadiums in Vegas and L.A. They have a new (light) fixture that is the leader in the industry. It’s an incredible fixture. The technology is changing so much and, as we’re working with them every day, we’re learning a little bit as we work with them as far as how we’re going to mount the fixture. We’re working on camera angles."

"I would go to Ephesus’ last install but this fixture is brand new. I think they’re installing it for the first time in Vegas.I know they did the lighting at U.S. Bank Stadium (in Minnesota) but that was their old lighting. It was hard for me to get a real feel for it. This fixture is the only one of its kind. ... The fixture has the LEDs in the fixture and they have ways to tone the white light.They can dim the arena or have it a different colored tone. It’s really, really cool. We can integrate it with our sound system and our video board. (We) will be able to sit there and say this is our gameplan, this is how I want the opening to be. ... The lighting will tie to the sound or the video. It’s all tied together. We’ll be able to darken the arena and do like they do with the Bulls’ pre-game. I think they started it. I can’t wait to, my goal, this is what I dream of at night."

If this doesn’t make a difference why are there all these recruiting stories from the 70s of coaches driving by arch in the middle of the night and not showing recruits where they are going to play. They recognized the issue and built the dome. How many recruits said they came here to play in the dome. Jb has been on record numerous times saying that. That was back then now all these kids want is to see their name in lights and be a star. You really think this stuff doesn’t make a difference?! If you disagree you’re not being honest or are completely out of touch.
Certain things matter. The Dome matters. Practice facilities matter. Housing matters. The company supplying the lighting does not matter.

If you watch the Tottenham video and don't think that's good enough, I don't know what to tell you. It's a negligible difference that 99.9% of Dome attending fans will not notice.

It would be a completely different argument if Ephesus didn't try to screw SU, which I don't think you acknowledged.

What is out of touch is trying to use limited anecdotal evidence to make a case for a schools failure. We aren't upgrading the small capacity of Cameron indoor. Basketball recruiting was hurt by the NCAA penalties, the unknowns of JBs future and style of play and bench utilization before anything to do with light shows. Football recruiting is still battling program relevance not a light show. What you are taking about is maybe 1-2 pct of the equation for these kids or in some cases 0 pct. The other far more important factors play the bigger role.

When the dome is shaking because it is so loud, that is the atmosphere that makes a difference. You could point to the crowd atmosphere as a huge recruiting plus for the past 35 years. No one remembers the color of the lights when 30-50k are screaming their heads off and the place is electric.

Sorry, but shortcomings compared to what other schools? When all enhancements are in place the Dome will be one of a handful of college facilities with this level of features. No, the Dome won't rival the new NFL facility in Las Vegas but it will CLEARLY be the showcase of the ACC.

The Arch in the 70's was an antiquated and crumbling disgrace. Not a fair comparison to the lighting in the Dome.

If I knew nothing about the project, I doubt I'd walk into the dome in Mid-September and say "wow SU really skimped on the lighting!"

Can you see the players on the court/field? Yes.

Does it really matter if we can't project starting lineups on the court? You can't do that anyways when it's a noon game...
How many noon home games do we have for B-Ball? 1-2?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom