the crane the crane | Page 222 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Admittedly I have not been watching the live stream as much recently but did anyone notice when the topper tree and flags came down?
I did not. I did notice that they have finally started the process of removing the back stays. The one in the middle of the west wall just had all its cables to the girders removed and the metal base at the apex of the back stay removed. Yay!

Admittedly I have not been watching the live stream as much recently but did anyone notice when the topper tree and flags came down?
They came down quite soon after they went up. I remember being surprised when they disappeared. The next day, maybe?

I didn't, sometime in the last week though. They've installed a staircase on the spiral leading to that girder.

Also, outside of the current camera view, Surly Pete doesn't want you to see that they've removed cables from at least two of the backstays: center of both end zones. That gives a clue as to how they'll proceed.

I noticed the staircase/ladder on the other side in the picture the other day of the cable too..

I noticed the staircase/ladder on the other side in the picture the other day of the cable too..
That one could be seen in the picture from inside the stadium as well. You can see the steps now from Lawrinson quite clearly...

There is a concrete truck backing into the Dome. I wonder what they'll be pouring?
Upon backtracking, I saw there were quite a number of concrete trucks backing part way in, unloading, and leaving.Thats a lot of concrete

Last edited:
There is a concrete truck backing into the Dome. I wonder what they'll be pouring?
Upon backtracking, I saw there were quite a number of concrete trucks backing part way in, unloading, and leaving.Thats a lot of concrete
This is from a DO article published 18 days ago.

Work on an air conditioning system is ongoing, as well as upgrades for restrooms, concessions and accessibility. Sala said they’re also fortifying the existing stadium’s foundation with added concrete in the corners.

I assume the concrete is for this purpose.

Maybe the concrete is for filling the holes created when the backstays were installed. It looks like a worker is filling holes where the backstay was removed.

where were the 4 corner concession stands? are those the ones on the lower decks? And does this mean that that walkway on the eastside is pretty much gone now where the band used to march thru if they put restrooms there?

where were the 4 corner concession stands? are those the ones on the lower decks? And does this mean that that walkway on the eastside is pretty much gone now where the band used to march thru if they put restrooms there?

Existing office space that's being reconfigured. 40 years ago it used to be the Orange Pack Room.

Video at the 1:30 mark.

New concession stands.

New restrooms in the East End.

New family restrooms.
These are well done. I assume all the on air talent is Newhouse. They have skills.

Mentioned before I tend to avoid meeting athletes. Don’t want to be creepy. I did happen to run into Digna by accident a year or two ago and she is just as engaging and nice in person as she was on that video.

Great young lady. I hope she goes off this season. I suspect she and the rest of the team are going to have a really good year.

Maybe the concrete is for filling the holes created when the backstays were installed. It looks like a worker is filling holes where the backstay was removed.
It sounded like they are pouring concrete in the new concession areas. I would think if they are repurposing areas that were used for storage or meetings to be used for concessions, and they have concrete floors now, they probably have to drill parts of the old floor out so they can install water lines, maybe add more power and (hopefully) gas lines (just have the one where the old Burger King used to be in the northeast corner).

Maybe they are killing 2 birds with one stone by making the new floors stronger and more conducive to concession use?

They are eliminating all sources of fan complaints(concessions, bathroom lines, crowded hallways) by filling the concourses with concrete. They are making the entire structure solid concrete except for the entrances, field, stands and roof.

may sunset.png

in my home world the LEDs last about 1/10 the time and at 2-3x the cost.. been a big money sync.. lights that were lasting yrs with a bulb now get replaced multiple times a yr.
upperdeck make sure if they are on a circuit with a dimmer, the bulbs are the LED types that are dimmable.

in my home world the LEDs last about 1/10 the time and at 2-3x the cost.. been a big money sync.. lights that were lasting yrs with a bulb now get replaced multiple times a yr.
Same here. Replaced old reliable bulbs with latest, greatest, never die bulbs. And have already replaced many. I think I was hoodwinked.

Same here. Replaced old reliable bulbs with latest, greatest, never die bulbs. And have already replaced many. I think I was hoodwinked.
There are LED rules...most don’t get followed so they burn out

There are LED rules...most don’t get followed so they burn out
If we have to follow special rules then maybe there should be a warning label on these products. I bought LED xmas lights several years back from Walmart thinking I’d save money - they burned out within a couple weeks.

I have two cans above my sink. I would replace both of them multiple times a year. I made the switch and they don’t get hot and I haven’t replaced them in two years. Same cans, different bulbs.
So anywho, how bout that crane thread?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom