the crane the crane | Page 267 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

1597173295521.jpeg

1597173319464.jpeg

1597173343836.jpeg

1597174486916.jpeg

Just will add that it looks to me as though the blue mystery fabric arrives up top in boxes. They look like they are made of wood and are shaped like the boxes I have taken pictures of in the Hendricks Field storage area.

Some of those crates appear in picture 2 of clayman32's post 6,654 below...

Last edited:
Just will add that it looks to me as though the blue mystery fabric arrives up top in boxes. They look like they are made of wood and are shaped like the boxes I have taken pictures of in the Hendricks Field storage area.

Some of those crates appear in picture 2 of clayman32's post 6,654 below...
I have not received any response from either Hayner Hoyt or Geiger regarding their knowledge of what the material is from an e mail I sent them yesterday afternoon. So we are depending, since you already investigated the boxes, on you or I am anyway to go to the site when you have time and ask what the material is. Whaddya think tomcat you are the man you can do this!!

I just figured out what the blue stuff is. It's the sky. The sky is falling.
Did some of the material fall on your head? xc84, are you the real Chicken Little? You escaped!

>There are several Western versions of the story, of which the best-known concerns a chick that believes the sky is falling when an acorn falls on its head. The chick decides to tell the king and on its journey meets other animals (mostly other fowl) which join it in the quest. After this point, there are many endings. In the most familiar, a fox invites them to its lair and then eats them all. Alternatively, the last one, usually Cocky Lockey, survives long enough to warn the chick, who escapes. In others all are rescued and finally speak to the king.

In most retellings, the animals have rhyming names, commonly Chicken Licken or Chicken Little, Henny Penny or Hen-Len, Cocky Locky, Ducky Lucky or Ducky Daddles, Drakey Lakey, Goosey Loosey or Goosey Poosey, Gander Lander, Turkey Lurkey and Foxy Loxy or Foxy Woxy.

The moral to be drawn changes, depending on the version. Where there is a "happy ending", the moral is not to be a "Chicken" but to have courage. In other versions where the birds are eaten by the fox, the fable is interpreted as a warning not to believe everything one is told.<

So maybe this mysterious material is a relative of a blue acorn! Acorn Underlayment - that's it!????

I have not received any response from either Hayner Hoyt or Geiger regarding their knowledge of what the material is from an e mail I sent them yesterday afternoon. So we are depending, since you already investigated the boxes, on you or I am anyway to go to the site when you have time and ask what the material is. Whaddya think tomcat you are the man you can do this!!
Suddenly I'm hearing the Mission Impossible theme song with visions of sutomcat sneaking into that material storage area with a crowbar and prying open a crate. ;)

Suddenly I'm hearing the Mission Impossible theme song with visions of sutomcat sneaking into that material storage area with a crowbar and prying open a crate. ;)
I do not think I am going to climb over the fence with a crowbar and break into one of the crates. Maybe I could find time to visit the campus and ask a worker or two about things on Saturday. Was told today by a good source the new roof is definitely all white.

just spitballing but if there going to be finished by September 19th wouldnt the roof have to be done by the end of this month?

Today's update:

There is a giant blue tarp on the quad. A number of workers appear to be trying to get it laid out nicely. Maybe going to fold it next? It is white on one wide and blue on the other. It appears to be exactly the same shade of blue as the tarp looking thing up on the PTFE section of the dome.

I am thinking maybe they are going to put up these tarps over the roof ASAP, so they can start work on getting things done that require the facility to be inside (indoors), with a roof up.

Things include but are not limited to...

removing the plastic protecting the private boxes and ribbon scoreboards
installing new scoreboards in the endzones
installing the new center hung scoreboard
installing the new lighting and sound systems
installing the new field

Some of these things would have to be done after others. I would think the field and the center hung scoreboard would be things that need to be done near the end of the project.

I would think putting up a tarp is going to make it really hot and uncomfortable inside.

Seems odd to me.

Maybe this is completely unrelated to the dome renovation. But given how big that tarp is and the matching color, I don't think so.

Thoughts?

081220a.jpg
081220b.jpg

SIAP, but there are panels of some sort up that I didn't see in other pics here (unless I missed it).

1597238464764.png

Today's update:

There is a giant blue tarp on the quad. A number of workers appear to be trying to get it laid out nicely. Maybe going to fold it next? It is white on one wide and blue on the other. It appears to be exactly the same shade of blue as the tarp looking thing up on the PTFE section of the dome.

I am thinking maybe they are going to put up these tarps over the roof ASAP, so they can start work on getting things done that require the facility to be inside (indoors), with a roof up.

Things include but are not limited to...

removing the plastic protecting the private boxes and ribbon scoreboards
installing new scoreboards in the endzones
installing the new center hung scoreboard
installing the new lighting and sound systems
installing the new field

Some of these things would have to be done after others. I would think the field and the center hung scoreboard would be things that need to be done near the end of the project.

I would think putting up a tarp is going to make it really hot and uncomfortable inside.

Seems odd to me.

Maybe this is completely unrelated to the dome renovation. But given how big that tarp is and the matching color, I don't think so.

Thoughts?

View attachment 185823View attachment 185824

I don't think you'd be putting a tarp over the roof with those cranes still up. Wouldn't it make the cranes worthless? Hope they don't plan on leaving that tarp on the quad too long, otherwise there will be a big, ugly dead patch of grass pretty soon.

I don't think you'd be putting a tarp over the roof with those cranes still up. Wouldn't it make the cranes worthless? Hope they don't plan on leaving that tarp on the quad too long, otherwise there will be a big, ugly dead patch of grass pretty soon.
Agree, this doesn't make a lot of sense. On the Link Hall camera, looking at the tarp on the quad...it is huge.

It is folded at least in half and it looks like it might cover 1/2 the quad, maybe more.

Today, you can see some of the blue tarp (or whatever it is) that is already up on the roof.

081220c.jpg

That tarp once it it unfolded looks like the size of one of the field long American flags they hold during a Superbowl national anthem. That's enormous... and not only do I have no clue what they will do with it... but to get something that unwieldy up on the roof would be a nightmare to pull off. And heaven forbid you get a good wind gust...

Now they are lifting the center with posts, like a giant 40'x120' party tent.

That tarp once it it unfolded looks like the size of one of the field long American flags they hold during a Superbowl national anthem. That's enormous... and not only do I have no clue what they will do with it... but to get something that unwieldy up on the roof would be a nightmare to pull off. And heaven forbid you get a good wind gust...
It turns out it is a tent!

Never mind!

Crane 5 hasn't moved yet this morning. They have some steel for it to take up on Forestry Drive and more stored on the old TV deck across the street. Not sure what the hold up is with it.

Meanwhile, the blue fabric on the roof continues to creep towards the south. As the foot print for it gets bigger and bigger, I think it is looking more and more likely that it is the PTFE fabric up there.

081220d.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom