the crane the crane | Page 266 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

I think the decking is that corrugated steel that's been stored around town.

I had a great view last evening from the RedHawks CAM view from the physics building. The East and North sides looked completed.
I think there were only a couple of pieces of steel missing. The crane on the northeast corner put a few pieces up this morning. I suspect that completed that side.

Still no steel getting put up by Crane 5. They did take a big girder from the flatbed and put it on Forestry Drive. It looks ready to go. But Crane 5 has spent the morning either ferrying people around in a basket or resting.

At the rate they’re going, they will never have this roof completed by the end of September. The time it‘s taking to put the undercoating on the roof is at a crawls pace. Unless they add about 200 workers to just install this undercoating, it’s going to take forever. They still have to put on the hard covering and they haven’t completed the south steel yet.

At the rate they’re going, they will never have this roof completed by the end of September. The time it‘s taking to put the undercoating on the roof is at a crawls pace. Unless they add about 200 workers to just install this undercoating, it’s going to take forever. They still have to put on the hard covering and they haven’t completed the south steel yet.
Yes, as you noted, they still haven't even finished the hard shell steel yet. There are by my count 96 sections that need to be undercoated and then get the exterior put on.

Plus all the PTFE fabric. I think they are finished now installing the arcs for the PTFE section.

Hoping maybe we will see some of the undercoating start to get installed in other areas of the hard shell than the southwest corner. That would seem to be possible now.

Haven’t followed a lot of this but is there an estimated completion date? Clearly the pandemic changed plans to an extent but would this even be ready if there was football?

Haven’t followed a lot of this but is there an estimated completion date? Clearly the pandemic changed plans to an extent but would this even be ready if there was football?
Last I read, they were working towards the original deadline, which was 9/19. The new schedule bought them an extra week, which was requested by SU. Not sure if they have adjusted things for that or not.

I was kind of surprised to read 9/19 was the deadline because I thought there was at least the SU graduation ceremony scheduled before that. Maybe frosh orientation too. But those might have gone by the boards due to COVID...

I think that they might have started rolling out the PTFE fabric this morning.

You can only see it from the red tailed hawk (RTH) camera.

Can only go back 4 hours on it, but check these screen captures out. It is pretty clear that this is a large piece of rolled up fabric they are working with.

Circa 9:51 AM

rth08112020a.jpg

Circa 1:59 PM

rth08112020b.jpg

Blue is not the color I was expecting. I assume it will bleach white over time.

Thoughts?

I think that they might have started rolling out the PTFE fabric this morning.

You can only see it from the red tailed hawk (RTH) camera.

Can only go back 4 hours on it, but check these screen captures out. It is pretty clear that this is a large piece of rolled up fabric they are working with.

Circa 9:51 AM

View attachment 185722

Circa 1:59 PM

View attachment 185724

Blue is not the color I was expecting. I assume it will bleach white over time.

Thoughts?
It looks to me like, whatever that is, is going under and not over the arcs. Looks the same color as the blue you can see at the bottom of the pic. All the shades of white PTFE I've seen installed is a shade of white to begin.

It looks to me like, whatever that is, is going under and not over the arcs. Looks the same color as the blue you can see at the bottom of the pic. All the shades of white PTFE I've seen installed is a shade of white to begin.
I think it's roof underwear. If I called it "underlayment" I'd get flamed by board roofing experts like DoubleDee :cool:

I don't have much experience with PTFE but I know when the old dome roofs were installed, they were a tannish color and turned white over time. Agree blue is an odd color.

Don't know what it is. Could well be up there for some other purpose. Whatever it is, it is pretty big and appears to be getting bigger.

I don't have much experience with PTFE but I know when the old dome roofs were installed, they were a tannish color and turned white over time. Agree blue is an odd color.

Don't know what it is. Could well be up there for some other purpose. Whatever it is, it is pretty big and appears to be getting bigger.
blob.gif

Here is a screen capture showing a crane pulling on the material. It looks pretty heavy. Maybe when it is all unraveled and reduced to one layer, it is a very faint light blue?

rth08112020d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom