the crane the crane | Page 325 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

100% this. I'd say let the students in for free, and keep everyone else out until we know it's safe to return. Just because other states are allowing this, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
If SU is going to allow students to use the Dome for classes, why not allow them in as spectators for football - as long as masks and social distancing are required?

Sunsets from the past 2 days with apologies to CuseLegacy ...

33890618-AE5F-45C9-870F-C2A2AFEAEDD2.jpeg
E73A2E86-60FD-443A-BB0B-0B9EB688CB33.jpeg

I’m guessing -

because classes will be, at most, maybe 100 kids?

And they don’t have tickets, concessions, etc.

Even if they do 2-3 classes that size, over different parts of the Dome, does that really even remotely compare to letting in many THOUSANDS of spectators, on top of the 2 teams and their respective staffs?

Spoiler - no. It does not.

Having students in there is the equivalent of JUST THE TEAMS.

There aren’t thousands of rowdy drunks cheering the students on.
:p

I would hope they also have several wifi logins so the kids would be on a separate channel than the casual fans..

If You are asking me what could keep me.in there more that an hour, that would be finding everything I need to do a remodel. Then standing in a long line 6 feet apart based on a sticker on the floor that doesn't prevent 55 people every 2 minutes cutting in between me and the family of 5 that all had to come into the store to buy a pack of light bulbs.
Sorry for the typo.

Does that happen every time you shop there?

but most RSN have blackout rules.. being on Fox Sports south does not mean its on in upstate ny.. I get all the RSN on directv and often get blacked out across them and have to hunt for ones not enforcing the rules.
I would find it hard to believe that blackout rules would be enforced when there aren't any fans allowed.

well they are in the NFL. its not about fans its about who bought the rights to show the games and whether you paid for exclusive rights

I would find it hard to believe that blackout rules would be enforced when there aren't any fans allowed.

all of NYS is in a weird blackout for this weekends Cuse game. The RSN that has the game this weekend is YES. Because YES is airing the Yankees game at 1pm they won’t be airing the Cuse game until midnight.

so because YES has the rights to it in our area, you can’t watch it on another channel based on geography so it will be blacked out in most/if not all of NYS unless you are streaming the game.

Its an absolute joke and the ACC should be embarrassed but I’m going to bet they don’t really care because to be quite frank, the ACC does not give a single rip about Syracuse. We are in their eyes, the Rutgers to their Big 10

rumor is bills are going to be allowed to have fans on october 15th thursday night game of ~10k so if that is the case id think we would be allowed the same at that point

No inside information, as there really isn't any yet, but I expect a limited number of fans for the Duke game (probably limited to students and staff) and somewhere around 25% occupancy for Liberty, if it happens at all.

well they are in the NFL. its not about fans its about who bought the rights to show the games and whether you paid for exclusive rights
Blackouts were meant so that local fans had to buy tickets for the games to see their team so stadiums were filled, had nothing to do with who owns the rights to the TV broadcast.

The time for that has long passed especially when you can almost watch anything anywhere with a VPN and a streaming link. Or legitimately and legally with just an app.

no thats not true. NFL blackouts are for that reason. college blackouts have not been that way since mid 80s

no thats not true. NFL blackouts are for that reason. college blackouts have not been that way since mid 80s
Explain to me why the local area around the college team is usually blacked out?

They don't usually black out Ohio or Colorado from an SU game.

Explain to me why the local area around the college team is usually blacked out?

They don't usually black out Ohio or Colorado from an SU game.
when was the last time an SU game was blacked out locally? this game isnt blacked out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom