the crane the crane | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Going up

6C2F0973-FB37-430F-A007-79010C4126BF.jpeg

another sprial tube being rigged on the Irving Cam
Based on the length of that one, I think it is probably going on the other side of the arrowhead (towards Irving). The rail rises to its highest point behind the end zones, on the east and west sides. The spiral tubes used in the middle of the western side are going to be really long. If the crown truss is going to be 80 feet higher than the existing roof, it is going to something to behold, especially viewing down the hill, from the west.

Something tells me this job would be a lot simpler if they didn’t have the existing roof getting in the way. It’s ironic because some of us are openly talking as if they should’ve just cancelled this basketball season.

Something tells me this job would be a lot simpler if they didn’t have the existing roof getting in the way. It’s ironic because some of us are openly talking as if they should’ve just cancelled this basketball season.
That's not ironic. Of course it would be easier if the existing roof would not be there but I don't think that is an option even if there were no events. It's an indoor arena and needs to be protected from the elements.

I can't believe they pre-mounted the railings! I pretty typically detail a welded tube as a sleeve and the rail post slots into the sleeve and through bolts. I would be so fearful of that nicking something and bending or breaking off.