the crane the crane

sutomcat

Former Iggy Winner. I used to be somebody special
Staff member
I thought JIT is more for mass production where you want to keep your inventory costs down. I guess it would apply here but it is probably more due to not wanting several similar pieces on-site that could potentially be assembled in the wrong spot.
The article BillSU linked a couple of pages ago from Hayner Hoyt’s web site indicated that the steel for the crown truss is being fabricated by ADF in Montreal 3 shifts each weekday, 23 hours a day and 2 shifts on Saturdays. Sounds like they are making it as quickly as they can.

As best I can tell, they are getting it on site just as it is needed. There isn’t a lot of room on site to store these huge pieces and since each is custom made, I agree with you, letting a lot of inventory pile up, even if it were possible, wouldn’t be a great idea.

I think they are doing fine managing things so far.

sutomcat

Former Iggy Winner. I used to be somebody special
Staff member
just an issue if we get some weather delays on travel
Could be. They might have a couple days of inventory in Montreal so there is a buffer just in case. Definitely looks like they are holding it back until just before it is needed so far.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
The article BillSU linked a couple of pages ago from Hayner Hoyt’s web site indicated that the steel for the crown truss is being fabricated by ADF in Montreal 3 shifts each weekday, 23 hours a day and 2 shifts on Saturdays. Sounds like they are making it as quickly as they can.

As best I can tell, they are getting it on site just as it is needed. There isn’t a lot of room on site to store these huge pieces and since each is custom made, I agree with you, letting a lot of inventory pile up, even if it were possible, wouldn’t be a great idea.

I think they are doing fine managing things so far.
Only 23 hours a day?

Do they get a poutine break?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom