the crane the crane | Page 333 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Nothings good enough for you people. Largest center hung scoreboard, but man it could’ve been better.:rolleyes:

tenor.gif

I say we take the proceeds from the pay side and donate them to the athletic department with the EXPRESS purpose of paying for a phase 2 translucent retractable roof, straight roof line, bigger scoreboard with ribbons visible from outer space, pink and green individual seats with Piels branded cup holders, Larry David signature pee cubes, Big Ass fans, internal and external lighting package controlled by The Clapper, brick facade, Cambridge Paving Stones With Armortec walkways and an Alien Tape zipline to Mt. Olympus.

I say we take the proceeds from the pay side and donate them to the athletic department with the EXPRESS purpose of paying for a phase 2 translucent retractable roof, straight roof line, bigger scoreboard with ribbons visible from outer space, pink and green individual seats with Piels branded cup holders, Larry David signature pee cubes, Big Ass fans, internal and external lighting package controlled by The Clapper, brick facade, Cambridge Paving Stones With Armortec walkways and an Alien Tape zipline to Mt. Olympus.

Clearly you overpaid and missed coupon day. Hopefully many more did as well so we can have room leftover for syrfan box suites.

I want to see how big it is in person. The screen that is. Maybe next year if I'm still here.

There is something happening on the eastern apex of the crown truss. Not sure what it is. Looks like some boxes or something else brown are up there too. Maybe they are going to put a christmas tree up here soon? Will there be another christmas tree or was the one it?

092520.jpg

Just a couple of other thoughts...

The pics from inside from practice yesterday appear to show the safety nets still in place. I think that is why some of the PTFE panels are so much darker than others. There was a high res photo that showed them up there as well.

Surprising to me they are still up. I doubt they are going to let a cherry picker drive around on the turf to take them down now. Doubt they will put up the blue protective tiles and get it done that way...maybe but it seems like something you would do before you put the turf down. I think the were worried about getting the field ready and put it down before the PTFE roof was fully complete, so maybe that is why. It will be interesting to see if they come down between now and game time.

For the same reasons, I am assuming that that fabric cover the Geiger drawings had covering the steel work on the interior of the roof is not going to happen. Again, I am okay with that. I don't have an issue with the funkiness of the steel frame lines (though it is a shame that are so funky).

Edit: I grabbed this image at 8:08 AM. By the time I posted it, at 8:18 AM, everyone and everything was gone...

There is something happening on the eastern apex of the crown truss. Not sure what it is. Looks like some boxes or something else brown are up there too. Maybe they are going to put a christmas tree up here soon? Will there be another christmas tree or was the one it?

View attachment 188495

Just a couple of other thoughts...

The pics from inside from practice yesterday appear to show the safety nets still in place. I think that is why some of the PTFE panels are so much darker than others. There was a high res photo that showed them up there as well.

Surprising to me they are still up. I doubt they are going to let a cherry picker drive around on the turf to take them down now. Doubt they will put up the blue protective tiles and get it done that way...maybe but it seems like something you would do before you put the turf down. I think the were worried about getting the field ready and put it down before the PTFE roof was fully complete, so maybe that is why. It will be interesting to see if they come down between now and game time.

For the same reasons, I am assuming that that fabric cover the Geiger drawings had covering the steel work on the interior of the roof is not going to happen. Again, I am okay with that. I don't have an issue with the funkiness of the steel frame lines (though it is a shame that are so funky).
Maybe they are there in case something needs adjustment over the next few weeks with the home games giving everything a test run. Also, if there is a leak in the roof during a hard rain, they would still need someone to get up there to find it and fix.

20% for bball though is a huge hit on revenue
Is the 20% estimate a fraction of the total seats in the Dome, or seats for basketball (35k)? Either way it seems high. For MBB the floor is already chairs, and only 100/200 levels would be converted, not the 300's.

Last edited:
other games they could play too.. dont switch the student sections. But still the high dollar lower seats at 2-3x the ticket cost are the seats most lost in this. As some who sits in other venues way more cramped than the dome the benches dont really bother me and most of venues we play at also have benches so it is what it is. Nice but not a must have

it said "get the people going". Players sure, "the people" will be "meh"

I think plenty of fans will be able to find the energy to get hyped up during the entrances, especially students and younger fans. Some old dudes clapping along to Thunderstruck while the players come out probably isn't the vibe that the football team is looking for.