the crane the crane | Page 335 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

If you look at the average fan that attends these games they are certainly not 5'10, 170 lbs. There more like 5'10 225 to 270lbs. 18 inches just does not cover it. If there is an upgrade they need to widen the seat area. That said there will always be space issues unfortunately. This may not be popular but people above a weight should have to buy two tickets. Sorry but big people don't fit the seat and push others out. You get a guy like Dewey Oxburger and he will take up three seats. I buy extra seasons to get the extra space(I am a bigger guy myself)so that my son and I don't get crammed in. It's worth it. Especially for the leg space.

Last edited:
If you look at the average fan that attends these games they are certainly not 5'10, 170 lbs. There more like 5'10 225 to 270lbs. 18 inches just does not cover it. If there is an upgrade they need to widen the seat area. That said there will always be space issues unfortunately. This may not be popular but people above a weight should have to buy two tickets. Sorry but big people don't fit the seat and push others out. You get a guy like Dewey Oxburger and he will take up three seats. I buy extra seasons to get the extra space so that my son and I don't get crammed in. It's worth it. Especially for the leg space.

If people can’t fit on their number, they should probably stay away from Nachos Grande & Dome Foams...

That being said, we really haven’t necessitated having to sit on your number in 20+ years, should be a non issue.

We had seats at top at midfield. Liked having ledge behind to put stuff coats etc. and no complaints about standing. I remember a guy over 400 pounds climbing to upper seat only made it halfway then crawled up on hands and knees .. his group of 4 very overweights took up 7 seats ..

Re: seating, one thing I've thought about that I haven't seen discussed much, is what if they moved basketball to be at the center of the football field, all the time, and rotated it 90 degrees so it ran the length of the field rather than being perpendicular in the end-zone?

They have the beautiful new scoreboard there now (which by the way can't be moved as was originally hoped). And in the middle you really could give people more space between each seat in the upper deck. More people would have a better view as well, as both sides would be along the court as opposed to so many people being behind the basket like they are today. It also gives you the option of moving the student section to one of the sidelines, which is a major advantage for most schools (like Duke).

Even though overall some would be a tad farther from the court, having the student section closer might actually raise the energy level.

Last edited:
I love that they got Zaire to narrate that clip.

I'm already fired up for a Saturday game I neither can be at, or likely watch live. God I really hope the offense gets their crap together tomorrow.

Also, I guess I didn't realize this, Joe Morris returned a kickoff for a TD on the first play of action in the Dome Opener, and Trill score a TD on the last play of action in the Dome Closer. I wonder if there will be any early magic tomorrow?

I love that they got Zaire to narrate that clip.

I'm already fired up for a Saturday game I neither can be at, or likely watch live. God I really hope the offense gets their crap together tomorrow.

Also, I guess I didn't realize this, Joe Morris returned a kickoff for a TD on the first play of action in the Dome Opener, and Trill score a TD on the last play of action in the Dome Closer. I wonder if there will be any early magic tomorrow?

Jordan takes one to the house on Cuse's first play

The new scoreboard is hereby named THE SYRACUSE BAGEL! <stadium announcer> "Ladies and gentlemen, please direct your attention to the Bagel..." :p
I prefer the "sphincter".

If you look at the average fan that attends these games they are certainly not 5'10, 170 lbs. There more like 5'10 225 to 270lbs. 18 inches just does not cover it. If there is an upgrade they need to widen the seat area. That said there will always be space issues unfortunately. This may not be popular but people above a weight should have to buy two tickets. Sorry but big people don't fit the seat and push others out. You get a guy like Dewey Oxburger and he will take up three seats. I buy extra seasons to get the extra space(I am a bigger guy myself)so that my son and I don't get crammed in. It's worth it. Especially for the leg space.
I have four season tickets but only use two seats. Due to the size of some of the fans down the row from me we purchased four seat backs three years ago. We simply got sick and tired of having four season tickets but only two available seats when the game started.

I wonder if you could attached these resin type panels to the outside of the dome that seem to be popping up on every new building today

I don't like those panels. I predict that in 20 years those panels will be viewed like faux wood ( I might have just invented a word there) paneling is viewed now.