the crane the crane | Page 337 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

I love that they got Zaire to narrate that clip.

I'm already fired up for a Saturday game I neither can be at, or likely watch live. God I really hope the offense gets their crap together tomorrow.

Also, I guess I didn't realize this, Joe Morris returned a kickoff for a TD on the first play of action in the Dome Opener, and Trill score a TD on the last play of action in the Dome Closer. I wonder if there will be any early magic tomorrow?
I was there but didn’t remember this. Saw on another post but the first play in the Dome was an unsuccessful on side kick. Joe Kickoff return came later.

I was there but didn’t remember this. Saw on another post but the first play in the Dome was an unsuccessful on side kick. Joe Kickoff return came later.

It was before my time. I saw Matt Park say it in a video earlier today, maybe the one with Taj Harris? I just trusted the reporter knew his stuff.

Interesting.

The original Dome also had lighting mounted up there where the walls meet the ceiling. It created all sorts of trouble so they took it out and installed the suspended lights that were there ever since. I was kind of surprised to see the return of the low-angle lights.

It was before my time. I saw Matt Park say it in a video earlier today, maybe the one with Taj Harris? I just trusted the reporter knew his stuff.
Yea saw the same interview, I saw the piece they did with Dave Cohen a long past voice of the Orange and they actually had the video of The onside attempt. Like I said I didn’t remember the kick I thought the return came later but wasn’t sure until I saw that specific interview.

Naughty pants probably isn’t considered naughty anymore? Notice the dates around the perimeter. Prob old bowl dates, etc?View attachment 188511
So that was what they were up to putting that wall up above the 300 level from sideline to sideline.

Nice.

Looks like they have another row above it to use as we continue to go to bowl games in the future.

The resolution on the new scoreboard is a huge set up from the scoreboards in use last year. Great to see such amazing clarity.

I think you are one of the people to thank as well as the best CuseLegacy ! So now that this portion is done, what do you think Bill? Are you happy ?

Back in November this was just a dream - how are they
going to accomplish what Geigers rendering looked like
by the following September is what it seemed

Slowly things began to arrive. Eighty truckloads or so of
something that was going to be put together and become
one of the largest Cranes in the world from NC what a drive!

But, this board began to watch through the Snow and Salt of winter
and believe when they saw a LIVE CAM showing them this crane
its boom was so high it was out of the picture and we named it WALT

Things began to grow - X braces, then columns and girders truck loads
of them continually arrived from Montreal. There's no way that girder
is going to sit on top of those spiral columns but the crew was off to the races

Placing each column just right, it all began to come together - one column,
two, a girder, another truck full of columns, another truck with a girder
and then there was WALT making it all come together with all his might

This board was very grateful and amazed when viewing the last
girder sliding into place complete with Christmas tree, American and
SU flags on April 20, 2020 - a complete Crown Truss we were all in a daze

No sooner than the Truss was complete than work began on the ROOF
and despite the lack of an interior camera the know it all's on this board
could lead us through everything each day making such a fuss

Cables strung across the Dome jacked tight, then steel and more steel
a weaving of wires going everywhere, the hard shell, the softer shell, tension
membrane fabric- ptfe-coated fiberglass fabric, huge arches attached
to the cable truss as if by magic until we saw crews hanging like spiders
but attaching everything so it became a solid roof bleaching in the sun just right

And today it was revealed - one of the largest scoreboards in THESE
UNITED STATES along with new turf gleaming green a newly seen Dome
with that new car smell – it almost seems unreal. Am I Happy, very!!!!

Congratulations to everyone. Members of SYRACUSEFAN.COM, contributors, visitors and lurkers to all who shared this historic project - discussing, observing, arguing, complimenting, sharing, discovering. There were sad days and happy ones and we're just beginning a new phase. Maybe it will be the discussion of lighting AGAIN or HOW WE COULD HAVE DONE IT BETTER! It should have been a bigger board than So Fi. And so it goes.

But it would not have been possible if not for the Admins. In particular the man himself, SUTOMCAT and LADY CUSELEGACY. Don't know how they move around all the sports discussed here so quickly but they do AND they are both Kind and Generous with their time and information. Thank you to you and everyone who responded to my play by play - you are all great! Can't wait till we begin a new chapter tomorrow! :)

Last edited:
Back in November this was just a dream - how are they
going to accomplish what Geigers rendering looked like
by the following September is what it seemed

Slowly things began to arrive. Eighty truckloads or so of
something that was going to be put together and become
one of the largest Cranes in the world from NC what a drive!

But, this board began to watch through the snow and salt of winter
and believe when they saw a LIVE CAM showing them this crane
its boom was so high it was out of the picture and we named it WALT

Things began to grow - X braces, then columns and girders truck loads
of them continually arrived from Montreal. There's no way that girder
is going to sit on top of those spiral columns but the crew was off to the races

Placing each column just right, it all began to come together - one column,
two, a girder, another truck full of columns, another truck with a girder
and then there was WALT making it all come together with all his might

This board was very grateful and amazed when viewing the last
girder sliding into place complete with Christmas tree, American and
SU flags on April 20, 2020 - a complete Crown Truss we were all in a daze

No sooner than the Truss was complete than work began on the ROOF
and despite the lack of an interior camera the know it all's on this board
could lead us through everything each day making such a fuss

Cables strung across the Dome jacked tight, then steel and more steel
a weaving of wires going everywhere, the hard shell, the softer shell, tension
membrane fabric- ptfe-coated fiberglass fabric, huge arches attached
to the cable truss as if by magic until we saw crews hanging like spiders
but attaching everything so it became a sold roof bleaching in the sun just right

And today it was revealed - one of the largest scoreboards in THESE
UNITED STATES along with new turf gleaming green a newly seen Dome
with that new car smell – it almost seems unreal. Am I Happy, very!!!!

Congratulations to everyone. Members of SYRACUSEFAN.COM, contributors, visitors and lurkers to all who shared this historic project - discussing, observing, arguing, complimenting, sharing, discovering. There were sad days and happy ones and we're just beginning a new phase. Maybe it will be the discussion of lighting AGAIN or HOW WE COULD HAVE DONE IT BETTER! It should have been a bigger board than So Fi. And so it goes.

But it would not have been possible if not for the Admins. In particular the man himself, SUTOMCAT and LADY CUSELEGACY. Don't know how they move around all the sports discussed here so quickly but they do AND they are both Kind and Generous with their time and information. Thank you to you and everyone who responded to my play by play - you are all great! Can't wait till we begin a new chapter tomorrow! :)

greatest. Response. Ever

Late yesterday afternoon on the Weather Channel, meteorologist Alex Wilson (who said she was a SU grad) provided a nice segment on the dome construction. It was very positive, albeit with a few digs about the Syracuse weather (notwithstanding today's awesome forecast).

Couple of pix from Ga Tech Twitter...

1601126458374.png

1601126468094.png

Best leader SU has had during my lifetime.

He need to show some leadership and tell the red guard cadres to step off The viewpoint intolerance is disturbing