the crane the crane | Page 340 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

I wonder if it's just a case of not having a great idea of the acoustics in there yet. No fans make the sound bounce around a lot too.
If I was a reporter for the PS, I would be making a few calls to people who know about acoustics and stadiums. Architects, scientists, physicists, etc.

Get some experts to comment on the changes to the roof and their likely impact on how loud it is going to get in the dome with the new roof.

It would be a good piece to have in the paper on or a day before the fans game at the dome with fans.

If I was a reporter for the PS, I would be making a few calls to people who know about acoustics and stadiums. Architects, scientists, physicists, etc.

Get some experts to comment on the changes to the roof and their likely impact on how loud it is going to get in the dome with the new roof.

It would be a good piece to have in the paper on or a day before the fans game at the dome with fans.
Syracuse.com fired it's best reporter. Now the only coverage we'll get is click bait articles from Brent Axe.

IiRC, they did say the center roof would have the same sound properties as the old. (There are other solutions that would offer more sound absorption). If it is exposed steel on the fixed surface? You'd guess reflection would be more.

While that may be great for sporting events, I do wonder the effect on concerts. The corners, being equidistant from a stage, can be prone to making standing waves at low frequencies... it makes things sound weird/bad/quieter. Hopefully the curve helps. Even amateur recording studios are treated to avoid this.(Low frequency standing waves)

It looks like they may have covered the field with plastic after the game? Seems they may be doing more work- hopefully taking down the discolored netting.

View attachment 188649
I am guessing that all the gaps between the newer PTFE panels have not been closed. At least they were not when this picture was taken. The plastic protects the field from getting wet.

playing afternoon basketball games made the roof choice with more transparency than before but not like the stadiums you mentioned
US Bank Stadium (home of the Vikings) installed $4.6 million black curtains before the 2019 Final Four to block out sunshine\light and keep the lighting conditions consistent for the basketball games. The black curtains can be slid into the roof panels only when needed like for basketball games and concerts (it's supposed to help acoustics & give dark room look).

From a natural lighting perspective, I miss the old roof. The new PTFE may be more transparent but there's less surface area overall where this can shine through. Reminds me of the Italian duomos.

You haven't been inside yet, how can you make that call?
So if there’s a satellite showing a hurricane in the gulf we can’t be sure unless we’re actually there in person? At what point does video evidence become useful to you?

So if there’s a satellite showing a hurricane in the gulf we can’t be sure unless we’re actually there in person? At what point does video evidence become useful to you?
Your saying the old roof was better, but multiple people here have often said that the old roof always made us look drab and dark on tv. We shall see when we get in there I guess.

Your saying the old roof was better, but multiple people here have often said that the old roof always made us look drab and dark on tv. We shall see when we get in there I guess.
I’m sure the field lighting is improved but the overall amount of ambient natural light is reduced if that makes sense. For night games this won’t be an issue- if we ever get lucky enough for a night kickoff again.

Screenshot (185).png

I’m sure the field lighting is improved but the overall amount of ambient natural light is reduced if that makes sense. For night games this won’t be an issue- if we ever get lucky enough for a night kickoff again.

FSU was supposed to be a night game this year. You would think the ACC would be nice enough to give us a night game to replace them

Syracuse.com fired it's best reporter. Now the only coverage we'll get is click bait articles from Brent Axe.

Bailey was fine, but I think Carlson is the best over there and he’s still there

I'll put this here as well. :)

'We did not start out with the goal of building one of the largest centerhung systems in the world, but the more we talked through it with the team, the more we realized that we could accomplish something very special while still remaining within the project budget. Besides the new centerhung, there are new high-resolution end zone displays to enhance the viewing experience in the building.'

I'll put this here as well. :)

'We did not start out with the goal of building one of the largest centerhung systems in the world, but the more we talked through it with the team, the more we realized that we could accomplish something very special while still remaining within the project budget. Besides the new centerhung, there are new high-resolution end zone displays to enhance the viewing experience in the building.'

If you're gonna hang, hang big. :D

It's already been stated, but I can't wait to get back in the Dome for a game. I'll splurge and stay in a hotel closer to campus for my next visit.