the crane the crane | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

I saw a small piece of steel delivered to 2 workers on the southwest corner of the dome above the box office entrance before lunch.

It looks like they did some work on the back stay braces that have been in place on the west wall for some time. Hopefully this means the rest of the back stay steel for the west wall will be installed soon.

Walt is in the process of lifting one of those orange 4 wheeled horizontal boom vehicles. Right now it's hanging over the street just outside Walt's yard and now is hanging inside the yard just over and now down on the exit/enter drive to Walt's yard. Lifting straps removed the crew has the door to the red storage area open and are hanging out by it.

Last edited:
The white crane is coming to life...

Walt did a 180 and is facing the back yard and the White crane has come to life. Hey, at least they're doing something today. Looks like its going to lift something from the red storage area...or not.

I'm hoping Whitey goes for a couple more supports...

And it looks like he is.

I'm finally used to the name Walt. The rap put me over the top. While I secretly pine for the names Kueth Craney or Conrad McCrane, I have made my peace with it.

My contributions to crane naming (from earlier in this thread):

White crane = Skyler
East side crane = Jesse

Not sure where Harold came from, but I nominate "Jesse" as the East side crane's name.

Every Walt's gotta have a Jesse (Pinkman).
Thanks for these updates!

I propose "Skyler" for the white crane. She's supported Walt the whole time.

View attachment 173378

So far Whitey's retrieved one thin vertical support and one thick diagonal support.

And Whitey's done for the day.

Last edited:
looks like they are picking out the spiral tubes stored near Irving. TOmorrow might be a big day!
They moved a couple over. Agree it looks likely we will see at least one spiral and a box girder go up on the northwest grouping tomorrow.

It is hard to judge lengths with accuracy from a distance but from what I see, the spirals pulled look shorter than the ones put up so far, which strongly indicates the next move will be to lessen the gap between the northwest and northeast groupings.

For the remaining box girders needed to fill in the gap, they will just need two spirals per box girder. The thicker, shorter one will be oriented vertically and the longer, thinner one will be oriented diagonally.

The crane on the eastern side moved a box girder to their staging area in front of the northeast corner wall. Bees will probably put a picture up soon. Hoping there is a spiral already there and we will see the spiral and the box girder go up today.

Meanwhile on the northwest corner, it looks like they are finishing work tightening the last cables. So much shuttling of people to look at that area. I will be a happy man when I see a spiral in front of Walt again. I think that will signify that the work stoppage is finally over.

Poor John Wildhack is having a hell of a time now. Thank God the basketball team has caught fire. He needs that.

Sorry, no pics today.

The crane on the eastern side moved a box girder to their staging area in front of the northeast corner wall. Bees will probably put a picture up soon. Hoping there is a spiral already there and we will see the spiral and the box girder go up today.

Meanwhile on the northwest corner, it looks like they are finishing work tightening the last cables. So much shuttling of people to look at that area. I will be a happy man when I see a spiral in front of Walt again. I think that will signify that the work stoppage is finally over.

Poor John Wildhack is having a hell of a time now. Thank God the basketball team has caught fire. He needs that.
You will be happy. I think you saw them there - three spiral girders are in the yard in front of Walt. YES! We will see some work happening tomorrow. :)

The van is dropping workers off early this morning
As long as the van isn't dropping them off at the 481 off ramps with cardboard and markers I think this is a good sign.

As long as the van isn't dropping them off at the 481 off ramps with cardboard and markers I think this is a good sign.
It looks like a spiral is being put in place on the northeast grouping. As expected, it is on the side that will narrow the gap. I would expect a box girder to go up next over there. I think.a spiral should be installed soon on the northwest group as well, as the two should mirror each other’s progress until the gap is no more.

It looks like a spiral is being put in place on the northeast grouping. As expected, it is on the side that will narrow the gap. I would expect a box girder to go up next over there. I think.a spiral should be installed soon on the northwest group as well, as the two should mirror each other’s progress until the gap is no more.
This is where we need the Hendricks cam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom