the crane the crane | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

I checked it out too. The railing on that one looked pretty rough. Might be made of aluminum? Whatever it is, it doesn't have that high quality white paint on it that looks so good. I guess it really doesn't matter given it will be so high and far away from the general public...
Probably just galvanized. That can be a whitish silver and fairly rough looking. Essentially they coat the steel in zinc to protect it from rusting. Usually it is dipped. The look has a fleck like appearance.

Probably just galvanized. That can be a whitish silver and fairly rough looking. Essentially they coat the steel in zinc to protect it from rusting. Usually it is dipped. The look has a fleck like appearance.
That is exactly how it looked...

Moving gravel around near Walt, any idea what thats about ?

No idea. Very little happening today. Again. They sent some people up to look at the northwest grouping. Hoping they will get the okay to starting closing the gap on that side soon.

Really weird that the vertical spiral to expand the northeast grouping has been up for more than a day and there is still no sign of a box girder going up. Maybe this is an example of them waiting for a box girder that still hasn't been delivered? Maybe that is holding up movement in both groupings right now.

No idea. Very little happening today. Again. They sent some people up to look at the northwest grouping. Hoping they will get the okay to starting closing the gap on that side soon.

Really weird that the vertical spiral to expand the northeast grouping has been up for more than a day and there is still no sign of a box girder going up. Maybe this is an example of them waiting for a box girder that still hasn't been delivered? Maybe that is holding up movement in both groupings right now.
Based on comments earlier in the thread and the lack of movement today... I'm really starting to assume that the hold up has more to to with steel deliveries than anything happening on site.

BDCF9C54-D236-4E3B-9E5B-9B28E50A3537.jpeg
5F07D6AD-0D5B-44A1-87CF-CE422E2A975F.jpeg

so have the counter weights/bracing things on that nrrth side been up all along or have they been recent? Looks like they are prepping west side for stuff soon.

so have the counter weights/bracing things on that nrrth side been up all along or have they been recent? Looks like they are prepping west side for stuff soon.
The weights have been attached and removed at least a couple times.

I think the counter weights have been there as long as the crane. You need them to counter the weight of whatever the crane is lifting. The counter weights will always on on the opposite side of the heavy thing that crane is going to lift.

The reason I am confident Walt will be lifting things on the north wall is because they have positioned his counter weights southwest of that crane,

With the second, slightly smaller crane (I am not sure if we have agreed on a name for it or not), the counter weights are in a curious position, closer to the dome than the crane. I am guessing that one or more box girders on stored between that crane and Heroy, and will probably be the next things it lifts.

I'm thinking that once they connect the two corners, walt will move forward so he can reach the opposite side...the gravel is the base for walt's platform as he moves forward. Pure conjecture...

OT, but how do you post imogi instead of just the "like" thumbs up when responding to a post? I've seen people do it. Maybe I'm too old and too computer illiterate to figure it out.

Could be leveling the ground so that the articulating boom lift can work from that area. But honestly I have no idea. Maybe just looking good for the camera, lol.

Some things you can do with lighting now. I know its a different structure but just an example. Watch to the end to see a cube. I have been fortunate to see this first hand while traveling for work.

girder went past connection spot , is that how they do this or did they lower it. Dont have girder connection savvy yet.

Looks like box girder #10 is getting installed now. That will knock the gap between the groupings of girders down to 3.
The box girder came up level with the rest then was lowered maybe for something that had to be adjusted on the ground. It's out of sight at the moment.

They took it off the straps
Yes, they just moved it to a spot closer to where it is going to get installed. Bummer. Gotta believe it gets installed tomorrow though.

On the west wall, they have continued to prep for the installation of the big back stay going there. They shuttled some people up and down from the northwest grouping and it looked like they sent two sets of handrails up there as well.

Hopefully we get that 10th box girder installed tomorrow and maybe one or two vertical spiral support columns as well. That would pave the way towards getting box girders 11 and 12 up. That would leave just one box girder to go to bridge the gap.

In a perfect world, that would happen over the weekend. I wouldn't hope my breath on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom