the crane the crane | Page 143 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

The crew in the TBC has ahold of one end of a very long adjustment strap perhaps to steady or move it slightly

The op needs help from both sides with to position the spiral just right with the straps.

Looks to me like the base of the spiral they are working on has to be in a perfect position in order that the hoist line of the crane can adjust it to a more vertical position in order to meet the base side of the next girder - they are taking their time with this one.

Last edited:
Context clues are telling me you mean Lawrinson with LC, but it could also be Link. We need a differentiation.
It was the Lawrinson LC camera that was adjusted.

The op of the yellow crane is beginning to load Walt's counterweight tray for the next box girder. Unfortunately we can't view the site like we used to due to the dude who moved the camera.

I don't think it's in it's final position
Agreed! It seems to be leaning too far inward which it is giving the appearance of a foreshortened spiral. It will have to be raised to a more vertical position to support the next box girder.

Last edited:
Site locked up at 5:00P.M.
Article in Syracuse.com said they were going 24 hours with 6 to 6 shifts. Maybe focusing on roof cables for night shift .

Article in Syracuse.com said they were going 24 hours with 6 to 6 shifts. Maybe focusing on roof cables for night shift .
Yes. I meant the main yard where Walt is. I imagine either inside the Dome or in Montreal if in fact all our structural steel for the crown truss hasn't been made

beauitiful sunset.jpg

hopefully tomorrow is 2 girder day
That seems likely. They will probably add another spiral or two (there will be two diagonals for the vertical spiral out up today.

it looks like the last back stay is almost finished and I would not be surprised if they cut the 7 remaining intact cables for the old roof.

it could be a huge day. Adding 2 girders would get us to 23 installed of 36.

I really hope they fix the angle of the camera. Most of the visible action takes place in Walt’s yard which is now out of frame.
Someone was able to wipe the snow off the camera one day over the winter, maybe they can sneak out of quarantine and adjust the angle!

far left roof cable may be getting ready to come down. you can see it moving a bit.

We have 1 up hopefully add one more. Hoping to see the Truck from Montreal today.