the crane the crane | Page 311 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

I thought that had a small machine with some tines that went around and did that?

Naughty pants!
Naughty pants!

If ever ther was a time to be naughty.

057963bd4b581d0a737d034d27f8b0e0--iron-on-transfer-little-miss.jpg

They did something inside that generated a lot of smoke this morning. It came from the exhaust pipes between the elevators in the SW corner. I think they have been there before the renovation started. I believe I have seen smoke coming out of them in November. Anyone know what they are?

Just saw the live camera this morning. I can't believe how close we are to the finished product

Morning update:

I think there are 11 or 12 panels left to install. Well past 75% complete on the PTFE now. It doesn't look like they are working crazy hours or breaking their backs to get it done. I think they need to complete it by the end of the week and they will be successful with that.

It looks like they made an effort to complete the middle part of the roof early and at this point, really only have some sections near the edges to finish things off. If the field is now completely covered, which it might be, they might have started installing the field turf already. They have to be getting close, especially if the new floor has been completed and is ready to go.

I haven't seen any rolls of turf getting moved into the stadium but I am not monitoring things hard, they have snuck giant scoreboards in undetected so it would not surprise me if some or all of it is already inside. It is something to look for though.

I believe SU has gone with the Field Turf Classic HD product in the past and probably will again. Pete is a big fan.

Last edited:
Morning update:

I think there are 11 or 12 panels left to install. Well past 75% complete on the PTFE now. It doesn't look like they are working crazy hours or breaking their backs to get it done. I think they need to complete it by the end of the week and they will be successful with that.

It looks like they made an effort to complete the middle part of the roof early and at this point, really only have some sections near the edges to finish things off. If the field is now completely covered, which it might be, they might have started installing the field turf already. They have to be getting close, especially if the new floor has been completed and is ready to go.

I haven't seen any rolls of turf getting moved into the stadium but I am not monitoring things hard, they have snuck giant scoreboards in undetected so it would not surprise me if some or all of it is already inside. It is something to look for though.

I believe SU has gone with the Field Turf Classic HD product in the past and probably will again. Pete is a big fan.
There is a good video showing the install process in the linked story.

Once we see movement on the sand pile, we'll know the turf is getting installed. If I remember correctly, it's sand -> turf -> pellets.

Morning update:

There is a good video showing the install process in the linked story.

Curiosity. How often do you have to replace field turf? Seems like we do every 5 years or so?

Curiosity. How often do you have to replace field turf? Seems like we do every 5 years or so?
If the technology keeps getting better and safer for the players I think it's a good move. Especially if it's "fast turf" like the new one at SoFi Stadium (I'm not sure if that's true but that's what they're saying)