the crane the crane | Page 343 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

This is a nice video and provides a good overview of the project.

I was expecting at some point to see a video showing how the project went down from the perspective of the Lawrinson Hall camera. A time phased series of stills, maybe one a day from the beginning to the end. That is a staple of these types of projects.

I guess it is just not going to happen. Too bad. If I knew this before it all started, I would have saved a shot each day myself and made something.

As for the roof, it looks like most of the boxes are now gone (but there are still some up there, and I suspect work is still being done).
It looks like a border was introduced along the perimeter of the PTFE part of the roof, where it connects to the hard shell section. Going to guess this in the final solution to the leaking issue. Let's hope it holds up well over the next 50 years of CNY winters.

102720.jpg

Does this mean we’re throwing the puke orange, exceptionally ugly wall hangings out

I suppose it's OK as long as there are no fans allowed.

I wonder why they decided to put it so low?

That surely blocks the view of the court of fans sitting on the eastern end of the stadium. Yes, it doesn’t really matter now but wouldn’t it be smart to establish a standard height for basketball games and then stick to it religiously?

One of the fun things to watch since the renovation is the reaction of opposing players to the facility. The telecasts don’t do a good job of highlighting this but when they show close shots of the opposing sideline, you see players looking up at the scoreboard a lot. You can see them talking about the scoreboard to nearby players and can see them ooh and aah. But my favorite thing to do is try and catch players who make a good play immediately afterwards. A lot of them gawk at the scoreboard to watch themselves on the replay.

With the scoreboard so low and close to the court, I bet we see a lot of this kind of thing when teams come to the dome for basketball. This is something worth looking out for.

I wonder why they decided to put it so low?

That surely blocks the view of the court of fans sitting on the eastern end of the stadium. Yes, it doesn’t really matter now but wouldn’t it be smart to establish a standard height for basketball games and then stick to it religiously?

One of the fun things to watch since the renovation is the reaction of opposing players to the facility. The telecasts don’t do a good job of highlighting this but when they show close shots of the opposing sideline, you see players looking up at the scoreboard a lot. You can see them talking about the scoreboard to nearby players and can see them ooh and aah. But my favorite thing to do is try and catch players who make a good play immediately afterwards. A lot of them gawk at the scoreboard to watch themselves on the replay.

With the scoreboard so low and close to the court, I bet we see a lot of this kind of thing when teams come to the dome for basketball. This is something worth looking out for.

As long as we keep it under 26-27K or so, it doesn't look like it'll be in the way.

If they sell more than that, they can always raise it.

Won't be a problem this season.